2004 Ford Explorer rear facing tether points?

TEMPI

I'm due to get my Britax Advocate tomorrow and am very excited to install it (sad, isn't it?). I've checked and checked and see no tether point for a rear facing install, only tether points for a forward facing install which I will NOT be doing. Am I missing something? I admit I haven't checked the manual yet - I never seem to remember.

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Your seat will come with a piece called a d-ring that will allow you to create a rear-facing tether point. This video should give you a basic idea of how to do that until you get your seat and its manual to read:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0XqandZ0uo"]YouTube- Britax Car Seat Rear-Face Tethering[/ame]

U

Unregistered

Aha! I thought there was some sort of D-ring on the car already that I should be looking for. Thanks for the clarification - you rock! I see you have a Radian...thoughts?

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Aha! I thought there was some sort of D-ring on the car already that I should be looking for. Thanks for the clarification - you rock! I see you have a Radian...thoughts?

I like the Radian XTSL, and I recommend it often. I like that it has a 45 pound rear-facing weight limit and a nice tall shell. My son outgrew his Britax Boulevard and Marathon rear-facing when he was about 2.5 years old by weight, and I still wanted him rear-facing, so we bought a Graco My Ride and the Radian. I miss the ease of install of the Boulevard/Marathon compared to the Radian, but even though the install was a pain-in-the-rear, I find the Radian easy to use on a daily basis, and my son finds it very comfy. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC