worst idea ever

ADS

Tara

yeah it really doesn't look, to me, like it'd be any more helpful/comfortable than just lugging it by hand. I mean, I'm not going to be packing an infant carrier long enough to need/want both hands free to talk on the phone anywho Geesh! hehe

broken4u05

I saw this on a show where the mom had like 2 or 3 sets of twins. It was not the one with the woman who has 13 kids or something but an older one that had infants and 3 year olds i think and older kids and she was walking through the store with the seats one on each shoulder and it worked for her. She could still use her hands but i dont see how it would be too much weight for me.

Morganthe

What's wrong with holding the seat by the handle?

It would work for those individuals who have problems with their hand strength such as arthritis. I never trusted myself to keep a good grip on dd's carrier after she hit about 15lbs. Luckily, I had the stroller to pop the seat & take the bulk.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
bwahahah is it a sling? is it a car seat device? do we really want to know?

looks like it HURTS to me.

http://www.amazon.com/Flying-Falcon-Infant-Seat-Carrier/dp/B000EFOQMO

I bought one... didn't fit my Safeseat 1. I probably should have kept it just to have a cool strap to rig things with, but after mucking with it for an hour I tossed it (ever just reached your limit?...it went in the trash...).

It WAS well made, I'll give it that.

Now, if only someone would come back out with the Stay In View... THAT was awesome... a seat with a strap, but without the handle it was *narrow* and super easy to carry like a sling...pure genius...

LEAW

Eh, I just hate the bucket in general, I've always left it in the car unless it was super cold out. I much prefer a sling or carrier of some sort.

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
I have one and actually think its the BEST idea ever. It isnt uncomfortable unless i move wrong and the seat shifts and slams into my breasts. I think if i only had one infant seat to contend with i wouldnt have bothered but 2 plus a toddler is much more challenging. I bought it after thinking about how much the girls here talk about the SIV by fisher price.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Someone I know IRL has it & loves it -- she also has severe back trouble (breast reduction & back surgery by 21 years old).... I'd like to try it: might help reduce all the dang bruises I got from carrying Leila's by the handle (which is why I generally despise infant seats except for the ease of keeping bases in stall in various vehicles while the seat stays at room temp)

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
It looks like someone was frustrated that they couldn't buy an FP SIV and made something to come close.

I have to say that we ADORED our SIV. We used it w/ Beth and the only reason we only used it for the first 5mo w/ Ben is that we only had one base and dh needed to be able to pick up/drop off at day care as needed.

I wish that FP would let Britax make a new SIV for them!

Splash

I saw this on a show where the mom had like 2 or 3 sets of twins. It was not the one with the woman who has 13 kids or something but an older one that had infants and 3 year olds i think and older kids and she was walking through the store with the seats one on each shoulder and it worked for her. She could still use her hands but i dont see how it would be too much weight for me.

No, she has a stay in view. The SIV didn't have a handle, it had straps. I saw that show too, and immediately knew which seat it was and rewound several times just to get a good view of the seat.

I don't see what's wrong with just CARRYING YOUR CHILD. Seriously are people so intent not to ever touch their baby that they need something to tie the car seat to themselves?

arly1983

Actually, I agree with Splash. It is no more trouble to wear the baby then rig up that strap. After Camille, I have decided unless the next child is uber small, it will be going in a covertable from day one. I don;t like infant carseats, they are hard to install next to other carseats, heavy, and bruise my legs. This is my plan next go around, install convertable with plans to use it and if baby pops out too small, I will send my DH to walmart to get a snugride. I mean I found it easier to install the carseat with DH's help after the c-section then before when I was 9 months pregnant and had to back up five feet to see the carseat because my belly was in the way. :)

broken4u05

No, she has a stay in view. The SIV didn't have a handle, it had straps. I saw that show too, and immediately knew which seat it was and rewound several times just to get a good view of the seat.

I don't see what's wrong with just CARRYING YOUR CHILD. Seriously are people so intent not to ever touch their baby that they need something to tie the car seat to themselves?

Yeah you are right i didnt see a handle now that i think about it. I watched it a while ago. And i don't think i have ever seen a SIV so i just thought it was this. thanks for clearing that up

Loves2sing

That thing looks super painful to me. Also, I can't help to think what if there was a flaw in the straps and it broke? Your baby would go down like Jack and Jill. I could see it being very useful with twins and a toddler, but I don't think I would want one for only one baby at a time. I rarely carried my snugride with my hands. I always tucked the handle into the crook of my elbow. That way the seat stayed nice and tight to my body so that it didn't bang around and bruise me, and it always seemed easier to carry weight wise in that position. But unless we were going to church, I would usually take my DD out, and put her into the stroller or, :eek: gasp:eek: , I'd carry her!;)

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member

I actually did carry both Beth and Ben most of the time (I have about 5 different slings/pouches/carriers in my collection)... BUT.. the SIV is really nice for when they are sleeping... getting them in and out of the house. 90% of the time the seat stayed in the car, but it was quite convenient for that other 10% to not have it banging against my leg. We used a snugride for a few months w/ Ben and I MUCH prefer the SIV.

Heck Ben is closing in on 16mo now and we still use our KKAFP practically every day and our mei tai 2-3x/wk... and I work full time!

Dh's joke is that our stroller is just to haul bags.... Ben is in the sling and I push the diaper bag in the stroller ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC