Recaro Convertible Official News Release

U

Unregistered

Mon - March 5, 2007
Recaro updates release dates for new car seats

Recaro touches base with news about their new car seats. Recaro had planned to launch an infant car seat and convertible seat in early 2007; here are the updated release dates:

---Our infant shell, the RECARO Picco, is now slated to launch in November
---Our $219 Convertible seat, the RECARO Como will be in-store the first week of June
---Our $259 Convertible seat, the RECARO Signo will be in-store the first week of July
---Our new High Back Booster will be in store the second week of June and is offered in Microfiber for $99 and fabric for $89. The RECARO Vivo sells at the $99 price point with the Vivo Lite at $89.
---The RECARO Young Style will be discontinued in August due to the launch of the Vivo however the Young Sport and Start will stay in production
---We are also working on a higher end High Back Booster for $129 which will not launch in 2007 as I currently have it planned.

We have launched our first large retailer in-store already this year. The Young Sport landed on shelves in Sears in February. We are also looking at floor launch of a majority of our product line-up in Babies “R” Us in the next few months as product becomes available.. Sales are growing at a strong rate on Target.com and Sears.com so I look forward to launching on-line with Babies “R” Us in the next few weeks and JC Penney before Mother’s Day.

The Convertibles (Como and Signo) are looking to hold a weight range of 5-70 pounds while the Vivo high back booster has a weight range of 30-100 pounds. We are also testing the Vivo at 105 pounds but have not finalized if we will market the 105 pound weight or not until I see some further test results.

ADS

southpawboston

Re: New Recaro Seats Update

that's great new info, thanks!!

for future reference, can we all try to keep any new information about the new recaros consolidated in this thread:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=10907

since there has been so much piecemeal information from various people, it makes sense to keep this info consolidated. it makes searching for info on this highly anticipated new seat much easier for everyone.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member

that's great new info, thanks!!

for future reference, can we all try to keep any new information about the new recaros consolidated in this thread:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=10907

since there has been so much piecemeal information from various people, it makes sense to keep this info consolidated. it makes searching for info on this highly anticipated new seat much easier for everyone.

I'm going to post a response there now :)

Thank you SOOOO much for the update! Will the new seats be available for viewing at Lifesafers? We are all hoping . . .;)

Ahzryn

We SO appreciate the update, thank you!!!!!

And to anyone at Recaro, thanks for bringing the seat to market :)

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

So cool for an update on these. When will there be photos on the web for them? I am dying to see the convertibles and try one out. Any info on a picture?

neils

Here is the official word from Recaro relating to the amazing new Convertible car seat. The seat is being sent to the photographer within the next week. Info for this seat will be available on their website by mid April. The official release date is 1st or 2nd week of June. The seat will be available in new colors and fabrics compared to their other models. This is something I have complained to them about, since their choice of fabrics and colors are much nicer in their European equivalent seats. The benefit of this seat over their other models, like the Young Sport, and other competitor's seats are the following:

1) Rear facing from 5-35 lbs, Forward facing from 40-70 lbs
2) Unlike other convertible seats that require you to modifiy and remove several pieces to transform the seat from toddler to booster seat, this seat requires no modification, the seat remains as is. Perhaps a baby head support to remove at most, but this seat is said to have more adjustability built into the seat rather than in the adjusting and removal of cushions.
3) This is the most important point. When forward facing with a convertible like the Sport and others, the 5 point harness is only good to 40 lbs, then the car seat belt must be used to 80 lbs. With this seat, one can use the 5 point harness all the way up to 70 lbs if desired...a huge plus for me....
4) With all of their other seats, it will include the LATCH system, as well as clear markings to use the car seatbelt if no LATCH system is present...

That is all I have for now from Recaro. They do no have a mailing list, but if you call them like I did, Gayle will probably take you email address to send you more info once it is available some time in April...

No mention of pricing yet, forgot to ask, but I would imagine it will be close in pricing to the Sport...

Neil

vatechgrad

Is that a typo or is the seat not usuable from 35 to 40 lbs? I assume it forward faces from 35 to 70 or 30 to 70?

Janet

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I'm sure that was a typo.

Maybe meant to emphasis that it continues to FF in a harness, to 70 lbs.

I dream (regularly) about this carseat. :D

Yoshi

I hope it will be easy to install with a seatbelt- as my daughter will be over 48 lbs in a couple years. I am very anxiously awaiting it's arrival! I DO NOT want to have to get the Apex- it would be $130 better spent to fund half the Recaro.

abacus2

Why does this say no word on price, yet? The other long thread discussing this said two models $219/$259. I'm very excited about this seat, but if they shoot the price up to the $300 I expected originally, I probably won't be able to get one. :confused:

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
My DH makes fun of me all the time because I always talk about the new Recaro seat! He says I shouldn't get that excited over a car seat. Tee hee! :D I can't wait to see pictures!!!!

arly1983

I am going to be in the market for two carseat for daycare kids in the summer. It is either the new recaro or radians (if they fit in new van) or Marathons. Please let this seat have really tall slots. (And the shell not be as tall as the safeguard) Also I don't think I could shell out $300+ unless it had super tall slots and then only get one for Jackson. I hope this seat is all it is SAID to be.

MsFacetious

I'm still watching these...hoping that they will be all they claim to be. Although we may not need them now they are still my second option... (and favorite but in the interest of saving money I'm trying to go with the Regent we already have. :)

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Here is the official word from Recaro relating to the amazing new Convertible car seat. The seat is being sent to the photographer within the next week. Info for this seat will be available on their website by mid April. The official release date is 1st or 2nd week of June. The seat will be available in new colors and fabrics compared to their other models. This is something I have complained to them about, since their choice of fabrics and colors are much nicer in their European equivalent seats. The benefit of this seat over their other models, like the Young Sport, and other competitor's seats are the following:

1) Rear facing from 5-35 lbs, Forward facing from 40-70 lbs
2) Unlike other convertible seats that require you to modifiy and remove several pieces to transform the seat from toddler to booster seat, this seat requires no modification, the seat remains as is. Perhaps a baby head support to remove at most, but this seat is said to have more adjustability built into the seat rather than in the adjusting and removal of cushions.
3) This is the most important point. When forward facing with a convertible like the Sport and others, the 5 point harness is only good to 40 lbs, then the car seat belt must be used to 80 lbs. With this seat, one can use the 5 point harness all the way up to 70 lbs if desired...a huge plus for me....
4) With all of their other seats, it will include the LATCH system, as well as clear markings to use the car seatbelt if no LATCH system is present...

That is all I have for now from Recaro. They do no have a mailing list, but if you call them like I did, Gayle will probably take you email address to send you more info once it is available some time in April...

No mention of pricing yet, forgot to ask, but I would imagine it will be close in pricing to the Sport...

Neil

The first post of this information was in the correct forum (Coffee Break). Normally, advertisements are not permitted from unregistered users, but it was a popular thread- so it remained. This updated information was originally posted in a forum (Car Seats) where commercial product announcements are not allowed, so it was moved here and merged with the older thread on the same topic. It became spam the second time you posted the identical information in the same forum the next day, so the second message was deleted. Any future spam of this type will be deleted and will result in a ban. Please respect the forum rules posted in the various announcements and sticky posts. Thank you for your co-operation.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I'm still confused by the lapse of safety from 35-40# but life is too busy to call about a seat I most likely won't be buying :eek: Unless we decide to TTC soon :p Or if it's top harness slots are 19-20" :) Anyone else have an answer to this :confused:

neils

OK guys,

Sorry about that, I am the guy that posted the update about this Recaro Convertible car seat. I am new to this forum, and signed up so that I can get this information to all of you. I guess my account did not activate fully while I was posting this message, so it looked like I was unregistered. I also did my best to choose the correct forum where I thought this message would best fit. So now I know there is an ongoing thread and here I am :doh: And I am in no way associated with Recaro, just an anxious parent harrassing them for information over the phone.

Yes that was a typo, the car seat will be rear facing until 35 lbs, and 35-70 lbs forward facing. And yes, the major point I was trying to get across is that unlike other booster seats where you have to use the factory belt, this convertible seat allows you to continue to use the 5 point harness all the way up to 70 lbs, and huge plus and a first (I think) in this industry.

At the time I spoke to Recaro on the phone, I did not inquire about seat names or pricing, so I should have said I did not ask about it, rather than say pricing not available at this time...

The thing I would like to know now, I thought there would only be 1 Convertible seat, but according to this thread, there seems to be 2 Convertible seats at different price points. Does anybody know what the difference could be?? I am assuming material finish. I can call Recaro again, as Gayle has been very informative with me so far about this seat, no secrets are being kept about it.

I am counting the days until it comes out. Trust me, I am one of those cool dads who used to drive a sports car (G35 coupe) and am now riding in an FX45. This is the ONLY seat that I choose to put in there, irrelevant of price, and with their experience in making OEM and racing seats, all the more reason. My primary concern is obviously safety, which most seats today do well. But the cool look factor plays a big role when you want your baby seat to blend well with your sporty or luxury car, and these guys get the gold for that dept...

Neil

scatterbunny

The thing I would like to know now, I thought there would only be 1 Convertible seat, but according to this thread, there seems to be 2 Convertible seats at different price points. Does anybody know what the difference could be?? I am assuming material finish. I can call Recaro again, as Gayle has been very informative with me so far about this seat, no secrets are being kept about it.

This thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=10907 talks about the two price points and what the differences will be. :)

Based on your cars, I can tell you aren't in the US--where are you from?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC