Mazda 5

southpawboston

So the rear vents are only for AC? Does anyone know if that's changed in the 2009 or 2010 versions?

the 2010 does not blow heated air out of the rear console vents. they will only blow A/C air or ambient (outside) air if the A/C is not on.

HOWEVER,

there should not be a concern about the lack of warm air for 2nd row passengers: when the heater is on, warm air does come out of ducts underneath the front row for the second row passengers. that is how the heat in most cars works for the 2nd row. it makes sense for warm air to come out from the floor, since warm air rises anyway :).

ADS

Dillipop

the 2010 does not blow heated air out of the rear console vents. they will only blow A/C air or ambient (outside) air if the A/C is not on.

HOWEVER,

there should not be a concern about the lack of warm air for 2nd row passengers: when the heater is on, warm air does come out of ducts underneath the front row for the second row passengers. that is how the heat in most cars works for the 2nd row. it makes sense for warm air to come out from the floor, since warm air rises anyway :).

But what about 3rd row passengers? Do you think the rear gets adequately heated for all rows?

Dillipop

I have no idea if most 3 row vehicles have vents or not in the third row. Even without vents, I'm curious to see if the 3rd row warms up or not.

When I was growing up, we had a caravan without any rear vents and it was COLD in the 3rd row. Had to wrap up in blankets back there.

F

finialfantasygirl

Anyone out there know if a Radian XT will fit RFing in the 2nd row of a Mazda 5? I have to order them online (want to get 2) but I have no guarantees that they will fit, and there is a no return policy. Please help!!

Ok, So I live in a small town, expecting baby no. 2. Really want to get two Radian XT's for my new Mazda 5, but I have to order them online, and they tell me that I wont be able to return them if they dont fit. So Im writing on here to be 100% sure that if I buy them they will fit. I wanted to put them in the 2nd row, one behind the passesnger, and one behind the driver. I've always kept my lil one in the middle, and it bothers me that I wont be able to do that anymore, but I decided to RF for extra saftey (my lil one is 18 months and is currently FF). If anyone can tell me for sure that I wont be out $630 if I buy these carseats and that they WILL fit in my car, it would be greatly appreciated. :) Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosey

Anyone out there know if a Radian XT will fit RFing in the 2nd row of a Mazda 5? I have to order them online (want to get 2) but I have no guarantees that they will fit, and there is a no return policy. Please help!!

Ok, So I live in a small town, expecting baby no. 2. Really want to get two Radian XT's for my new Mazda 5, but I have to order them online, and they tell me that I wont be able to return them if they dont fit. So Im writing on here to be 100% sure that if I buy them they will fit. I wanted to put them in the 2nd row, one behind the passesnger, and one behind the driver. I've always kept my lil one in the middle, and it bothers me that I wont be able to do that anymore, but I decided to RF for extra saftey (my lil one is 18 months and is currently FF). If anyone can tell me for sure that I wont be out $630 if I buy these carseats and that they WILL fit in my car, it would be greatly appreciated. :) Thank you

Looks like it will work: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=118102&highlight=mazda

chay

My post is in the link that Rosey posted but I'll elaborate a bit.

I have a RNXT RF behind the passenger seat. If the front seat is super upright it can be all the way back. We have it 1 or 2 clicks reclined and 1 click up from the furthest back. In our van it works out that the top of the seat lines up with the metal bars holding the head rest up and I have a bit of space so it isn't touching just to be sure. The install is great, it was a bit of a learning curve the first time I installed it but now it's easy.

I initially had it behind the drivers seat and it was the same. DH is 6'2" and all legs and impacting his leg room and/or slight recline for a RF 4 year old was pushing it a bit even if it was just an inch or two (I was already pushing things enough to RF both kids anyways) so we switched it. The MA is RF behind that seat since it has tonnes of room. I'm 5'2" and if I always drove I could have the Radian there with many inches to spare ;)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC