WWYD?

hunypooh77

My DD is 3 years 5 months, 38 inches tall, and weighs 35 pounds. I just had to take her out of the Marathon in DHs truck because it expired (manufactured some time in 04), she is still in her MA in my vehicle (manufactured in 11/07)....right now she is riding in an Evenflo Titan (the 40 pound max version) and now I remember why I have only used this seat 3-4 times, I HATE it! She also does not seem to have any room at all with the harness in the top slots, and installation is terrible, I just cant seem to make it rock solid.

So my question is, what seat do I get her? I was thinking maybe a Nautilus or maybe the Symphony....I just want to make sure she never needs another seat again, and that it is reasonably priced.

Thanks

ADS

jjordan

The nautilus would be a good choice that will most likely be the last seat you'll need for her. Another option would be the Frontier 85, which is more pricey (around $220 on sale), but some people like it more, and it makes a higher booster when the time comes. (It doesn't convert to a backless booster but if you end up needing to buy one down the road, you can easily find one for $20 or less.) Another option is the Evenflo Maestro (about $80), but with that you most definitely would need to buy a highback booster in a few years, since the booster portion doesn't go very tall.

If you have a place nearby with both the nautilus and frontier 85 (like BRU), give them a try and see what you think. If you want to try the maestro as well, it's usually available at Kmart, Sears, and now some Targets as well.

hunypooh77

Wow, Frontier 85 is a nice seat. I might be tempted to make my 9 year old ride in it if I got it for her...LOL...he is 66 pounds and 4 foot tall, and asking me to take the back off his turbo booster lately. It also doesnt help that all his friends ride with absolutely no booster at all and they are smaller than he is :eek:

If I can find a price like I was able to get when I bought her MA ($190) I might do it...

jjordan

Well... you can *try* this:
1. Go to babycatalog.com and add a frontier 85 (whatever color you'd like) to your cart, it will show up at 20% off ($240).
2. Print that out and take it to Bed, Bath, & Beyond, along with one of their 20% coupons. (Sign up for their mailing list and you'll get these mailed to your house all the time!) Ask if they'll order you one from their website and price match babycatalog, along with free shipping. If yes, ask if you can then use a coupon. If so that's $192 + tax.

But - whether or not a BB&B will do this really depends on the store and sometimes even on the sales associate or manager who is helping you. If it's a no-go, keep an eye on the bargains forum here and you may find a good deal elsewhere.

jjordan

Whoops, I think that's what I meant but I mistyped. :) Better to say it's more than it is, right? The add'l 20% off at BB&B would still be what I wrote.

I just saw on the bargain sub-forum that babycarseats.com has 25% off with code carseat25 (comes to $210 after that). So that will be a better one to use if you try to price match. If not, it's still a good deal. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC