Do I have to call Britax AGAIN?!

Stresch

I had a Decathlon which was replaced because Britax couldn't fix the harness adjuster. So, now I have a new one (less than a month old). This one seems to be having harness trouble too. I can get it tight (unlike the old one), it sticks sometimes, but I can always tighten it. But twice now I haven't been able to loosen it to get my daughter out. I push in the button and pull on the harness, but it won't move. And then this morning the button got stuck down.

I am beginning to hate this seat.

Should I call them? I don't want to call until tomorrow. I don't have the batch, serial number inside and it's raining pretty hard. Also, I don't have 2 hours to kill on hold.

I don't want to have to send it back. I was without a seat for a month last time. And I wasn't really impressed with them since they didn't call me to tell me it needed to be replaced. They just put in an order for a seat with a cover they don't still make. So when I got antsy TWO WEEKS later and called, they told me that it was out of stock.

I also hate confrontation and am polite to a fault (very Midwestern). So I don't know what I could get out of the call anyway.

ADS

SPJ&E

I would definitely call and tell them about it...maybe have them replace it with a Marathon this time.

Maybe if it's possible, have someone else call for you. I do that whenever I can because I am so shy, polite, and also hate confrontation.

When I sent my Decathlon to them to test, after about 1.5 weeks, they hadn't called back like they said...so I had my ex-husband keep calling them. Every morning, I called to say "Ready for the daily Britax call?" and he would call and get basically the same thing...but I think after a few calls, they got the point.

broken4u05

I would call. I have my mom call for me. She thinks it is because i have not grown up but it is because i know she will do what needs to get done. I will just kinda agree and not stand up for myself. She does not do that

arly1983

I have had the same problems you had and instead of a new decathlon we are getting a new marathon. It didn't take me as long as it took you to get the new seat. I mailed it back. It took three days to reach them. It took two days to get a marathon in the mail to me. I am supposed to get the new marathon tomorrow or next day. We got a Olivia one. So lets see. I first called them March 14 and tomorrow will be 23 so thats not a big turnaround. I also however had to wait on hold for 2 hours. Good Luck!

Loves2sing

You need to prepare your self for the phone call, just stew over what is going on and get good and angry while you are on hold. Otherwise get your DH to call for you. But if you allow yourself to get really mad, then you'll have an easier time being firm. Don't be impolite, becauser a dose of sugar will get you a lot further than a dose of salt, but be firm. Refuse to send your seat back until they have sent you a Brand New Marathon! Wait until they send you the shipping slip, so that the shipping is on thier tab, to send the decathalon back. Be firm, and stand up for what you know you deserve as a customer. I know about being polite to a fault, I'm Canadian, we are known as a very polite people. But you need to be firm. Just keep in mind that this seat is protecting your daughter, so her safety is at risk. I am rooting for you! Let us all know how your call goes!!

Stresch

So, I had my partner call.

But I totally didn't need to. The woman at Britax (Michelle) was very nice and very apologetic, told us to call her back (on her direct line!) with 1-3 fabric choices in any model seat we want. They'll ship it out and then we can send back the Decathlon.

Good thing we called, too. Because the harness adjuster is completely stuck now. I can neither loosen nor tighten it. Luckily it's tight for us to use.

Loves2sing

I am so glad that worked out for you. It's probably a good thing that you spoke with a woman. It happens all to often when you get a man on the line, and they think of you as a stupid woman, who is maybe to weak to pull the strap tighter! Don't get me wrong, there are many amazing men out there, my DH included, but my Dad, well that's another story lol!:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC