Bummed about the monterey

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
I switched seats around for my oldest. When I took the monterey out of the van I noticed the dial on the back was turned. I turned it back to the narrowest setting and put it in dh's car. He took dd to school this morning and when he got back I went to check it. The dial was open again which makes the wings wider. I called sunshine kids and the lady had me email pics of what's happening. After searching here I realize it's a common problem. :(

ADS

ZephyrBlue

Yeah, our 3 Montereys do the same thing. Of course when I emailed Russ, he said it was perfectly safe :rolleyes: and I'm sure it is, but it is annoying, for sure.

AtTheSouthDam

Ours does that when it is in the back row but not in the middle row. I just remember to dial it back in. DD1 doesn't move out of position and says she likes it wider anyway but she's no string bean either :p

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
I got an email back and sk is sending me a new back. Now I have no hope of the new one working correctly. It's going to drive me nuts.

Lisa in WV

My DD's does the same thing. I had to move it into a different position in my vehicle yesterday, because we had to fit eight people in the vehicle. When I moved it back to its usual spot today, I noticed that the back had expanded - again.

ntrenary

both of mine do that. SK sent a replacement back, but it still does the same thing. It's a PITA to replace the covers and such a waste of plastic so I'm not going to ask them for a new back again. I did duct tape mine about a week ago and it's worked so far...

babyherder

Yeah, our 3 Montereys do the same thing. Of course when I emailed Russ, he said it was perfectly safe :rolleyes: and I'm sure it is, but it is annoying, for sure.

How is this perfectly safe? I thought the width of the back helped position the shoulder belt correctly? Like with skinnier kids, when the back was less wide they didn't have room to lean to the side and out of the belt. I've never seen the seat so I could be misunderstanding...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC