Talk to me about the Symphony 65?

monstah

Do we not recommend it often for a reason? Because the SureLATCH is sometimes incompatible? It looks like a really cool seat but I never see much talk about it here. I love almost everything about the EFTA besides the bowl shape. When the kids are near the limits, they look so unprotected to me (I'm not even sure why I think that, I love my RN65. :eek:) But I think I would really like the Symphony 65.

ADS

Mommy0608

I have the Symphony 65 and love it! However, I think it's not often recommended mainly because of the price. There are many seats that will last as long (or longer!) for less. I wouldn't pay full price for it. It does have a relatively short shell and lower harness height than several other seats on the market, but if you have a child who is short in the torso, the seat will last quite a while! My son is pretty average in height and weight (just turned 2, wears size 2T), and has plenty of room to grow. He'll probably make it to age 3 (or very close) rear-facing.

The SureLatch is not compatible with all vehicles. It works great in my Grand Caravan but doesn't work at all in DH's Civic.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My reason for not recommending it is purely personal.

I don't recommend it often because I don't like it. However, to be fair, I also don't like the EFTA (though I do find myself occasionally recommending that one... weird.).

I can't stand the red tab things that are on those seats. I also don't like SureLatch because it doesn't work in my car or in the cars in which I would be installing seats. These two "issues" have tainted my view of this seat. :eek:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I have put a few of these into client's vehicles recently. It's a very nice seat and I like it a lot. As with any seat, some people like it for one reason or another and some people don't. We have a review of it at www.carseatblog.com , too.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
My reason for not recommending it is purely personal.

I don't recommend it often because I don't like it. However, to be fair, I also don't like the EFTA (though I do find myself occasionally recommending that one... weird.).

I can't stand the red tab things that are on those seats. I also don't like SureLatch because it doesn't work in my car or in the cars in which I would be installing seats. These two "issues" have tainted my view of this seat. :eek:

One of my clients complained that the leather tabs on their original Symphony irritated their kids. I found it interesting that on the Symphony 65 they made the tabs narrower and left some strap material on the outside.

Maedze

I've only ever used it once, but it went into a car it was MADE for. Yum delicious. I really like it, but I don't often recommend it because of the 35 lb weight limit.

Now if they'd bump that up to 40 and raise the adjustable head rest by about 3", we'd be in business! LOL.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
One of my clients complained that the leather tabs on their original Symphony irritated their kids. I found it interesting that on the Symphony 65 they made the tabs narrower and left some strap material on the outside.

They seem to have done that on the EFTA, too, but I still don't like them. :eek: It is weird. I am truly irritated by those red tabs and I am not the one sitting in the seat! :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I've only ever used it once, but it went into a car it was MADE for. Yum delicious. I really like it, but I don't often recommend it because of the 35 lb weight limit.

Now if they'd bump that up to 40 and raise the adjustable head rest by about 3", we'd be in business! LOL.

Yeah, the limits and short back aren't quite enough for the online world... I recommend it ALL the time to BRU shoppers, because it makes a pretty decent booster, so it's way better than the AOE on the shelf next to it :)

SavsMom

I have one and :love::love::love:it!!!

I sold my Boulevard to get it, and prefer it over my Radian. It installs nicely in my car (some cars will have an issue with the SureLatch) and is easy to adjust harness height, tightness, etc. I also like that it allows for more rear facing legroom, but also has good support for those that forward face.

My daughter is having major motion sickness issues for the past several months so we are alternating rear and forward facing depending on the length of time in the car - at 32 months we just moved the headrest up to the 2nd setting for rear facing and she still has plenty of room above her head - and don't mind the weird install - I was in the middle of steam cleaning my seats and just wanted to snap a quick pick of her in it rear facing....

wt60at.jpg
[/IMG]

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC