Do you think...

Aurezalia

That I can get 3 across my Hyundai Elantra? I figured I want to mess around and try. :whistle: Already started when it began raining so I had to come inside... discovered that KF and a RF'ing XTSL don't play well next to each other, though! It's that stupid hump in the middle of the backseat that's going to complicate things. I'll go out and play again when it stops raining. If I succeed, I'll have to take pictures - we don't have any in the 3-across thread!

ADS

Jonah Baby

I've got an Accent, smaller version of the Elantra.
There is no possible combo of 3 across in the Accent (except possibly two Radians and an RSTV, but I haven't a way to try yet and it would need to be a skinny kid.)
No infant seat will puzzle with the radian in any way in my car.

BUT,
With just a teeny more room, like what the Elantra would give, I think you can do a forward facing MyRide center and rear facing Radians outboard assuming there is a shorter driver for the MyRide edge to overlap right.
Britax convertibles tend to overlap like MyRides, so try one of those in combo.

Depending on the Elantra year (backseat size) you could try a center Radian and either of those convertible ideas outboard.

Phew...does that give you any ideas?

Dillipop

In my 05, I was able to get a ffing radian outboard with seatbelt, rfing Britax companion with seatbelt, and a monterey. It was tight and buckling the monterey is going to be a biznitch, but it could be done. I am hoping to be able to fit a CCO in the center when the companion is outgrown.

Aurezalia

In, good to know. '05 was the redesign that made the Elantra even smaller, so I should have a little more space than both of you. I have a Radian, KF, and TB to work with for my 3 across. I'm not buying anything else to try to get it to work because I don't actually NEED a 3-across, I'm just playing around. LOL.

katieinqc

We've had 3 in my dh's Elantra (2008 I think). Parkway SG behind driver, FF Radian center, RF AOE behind passenger. The AOE was tough because there's plastic on the sides of the rear seat that sticks forward a bit, IIRC. Plus the Parkway was difficult to buckle - I think we had to pull it out, buckle, then push it back in place. But it worked and the car seats were independently tight.

Aurezalia

I finally got one that worked with my 3 seats!
FF Radian outboard behind driver w/seatbelt, KF in center, and TB outboard behind passenger. It's pretty much impossible to buckle though, lol. I'm thinking a skinny harnessing seat, like another FF Radian or maybe a Maestro would be awesome in that position. :thumbsup:

cowgirlsmommy

I have a 2004 Hyundai Elantra and I was able to get a Britax Frontier, RF'ing RadianXTSL, and KeyFit30 in my back seat. The Key Fit was the only one using LATCH.

Aurezalia

I have a 2004 Hyundai Elantra and I was able to get a Britax Frontier, RF'ing RadianXTSL, and KeyFit30 in my back seat. The Key Fit was the only one using LATCH.

THAT is impressive? How did you manage it? The KF just did NOT play well next to a RF'ing Radian for me, and we should have the exact same car models... how weird! And I can't believe you managed to squeeze a Frontier in there with them! :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC