Jogging Stroller?

aimee123

I'm looking at getting a jogging stroller pretty soon. It's my one splurge for myself with my tax return. :p Does anyone have recommendations? I'm looking for something nice, but preferably less than $200. I went to BRU today and they had a Jeep one that looked nice, but I would really like to get opinions/recommendations.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I carried the Jeep one at Baby Depot at Burlington Coat Factory. I currently carry the Instep Safari and the Baby Trend. They both have the swivel/lock front wheel. The Instep is made by Pacific Cycle, the same people that make Schwinn. I have carried it for 4 years and still love it. Everyone I sell it to likes it. It also has quick release back wheels. The Baby Trend is new to us, but so far, so good. It only holds up to 45, instead of 50 of the regular jogging. It seems a little narrower.

aimee123

Are you wanting a "True" jogger, or one with a front swivel wheel?
Well, honestly....I guess I don't know the difference... :confused: We have a nice parkway (never understood why they call it that, since we walk on it :D ) nearby, and I'd like to take Isabelle there and jog instead of going to the gym after DH gets home. So, I guess I'm wanting whatever will help me do that.

Judi, thanks for the info. I was looking at some reviews and came across Instep. All of the Instep ones I looked at got decent reviews. Obviously, I need to do a little more research before purchasing, though. I'm one of those that has to research everything and get reviews. It takes me forever to actually make a purchase! :)

lovinwaves

If you are wanting to jog then stay away from the swivel lock strollers. They may say you can jog with them, but trust me in the long run you would have wished you got the fixed wheel. I don't know much about true jogging strollers because I have front swivel jogger.

I did however have a Baby Trend jogger with a fixed wheel and it seemed nice for the price. After awhile though it would start to veer one way, which is NOT good, and very frustrating. I found myself straightening it out every 5-10 strides. That is where buying a higher-end jogger is better because a lot of them have "tweaking" mechanisim on them to ensure the jogger stays straight.

I would maybe try finding a good used $300-$500 retail jogger. You can try your local Craiglist, and also try StrollerSwap Yahoo group. They have a high standard on strollerswap for the strollers they resell. Good luck with your decision, and like I said I am NOT very knowledgable about the joggers, but just wanted to give you my .02cents :D

LuvBug

yeah if you actually want to JOG/RUN with it, you need to get a fixed wheel... but if you just want a jogger style for walking then a swivel wheel would be the best to get.
Fixed wheel you have to lift the front wheel up in order to turn any. Swivel wheel pushes like a regular stroller. If you used a swivel while jogging you would lose control because the wheel would begin to shake and turn(just like if you tried to run with a regular stroller lol).
I have a fixed wheel jogger for actual running, people tell me its ugly ;) but it does the job when Im behind it at 10mph(well I dont know how fast I actually run, but it holds up great).

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I agree. If your going to jog, don't get a swivel/lock. Get a fixed from wheel. If you have one with a fixed front wheel, for one thing, it will probably have a hand brake, also, a swivel wheel shimmys when running, like a shopping cart when running. If you are wanting to walk, go to the beach, the river, then the swivel/lock would be good. you can lock it for going over gravel, sand. Swivel it when going walking and going to the mall. Actually jogging strollers are longer than a swivel/lock version.

LuvBug

Actually jogging strollers are longer than a swivel/lock version.

I noticed this too, also the taller I make the handles the longer the thing gets as well lol! I think that is to keep you from kicking it while you run. Tall person means longer legs means needs more room for swinging legs lol!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC