Animal control vent.

remken

Theres a brown pit and a black dog that live down the street from my parents house that keep on getting loose. I have already called them twice this week. Left a message for them to call me back. With no phone call back yet.

Also on another time when I called and actually had someone call me back a few months ago because there was a pitbull out side of my duplex that decided he really liked my kids the animal controll person I talked to suggested that I go door to door asking if the they happened to be the owners. ( no tag).

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
If they don't know the owner, they're supposed to pick the animal up :confused: (at least that's how it is here) -- however, if they do know the owner, they can only contact them so many times before it's out of their hands & up to neighbors to press charges....

I love pitbulls, though! It's so depressing that too many of their owners are infuriating morons :(

MoBo.jpg

Ours let Leila literally climb, yank & dance all over them & all they did was bare their bellies & lap their tongues :D

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1261949067">sorry again</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=1261949067&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br><a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm&videoid=1261949067&title=sorry again">Add to My Profile</a> | <a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.home"> More Videos</a>

lovinwaves

:rolleyes: OH BOY CAN I RELATE!!!

Call your police department and tell them you would like to sign a written formal complaint. Also, start documenting everything, and also videotaping. The only way to get these people to keep their dogged locked up is to hit them where it hurts...."the Wallet". We had to do this with a neighbor up street. It took 5 TICKETS, yes 5 TICKETS, to get them to keep their dog/pitbull up. After it started chasing and growling after me and DD in the stroller one day I had had enough! :eek:

On a side note. We had to go to court over our neighbors barking dog. We had plenty of documentation and tons of video footage of the obnoxious barking. The judge found them guilty and fined them like $125 plus court costsIthey got rid of the dog shortly after). Then the neighbor had the stupidity to tell my DH the next day how much he didn't appreciate us calling the cops on his dog. UM...... well sir, we didn't really appreciate your dog barking non-stop all day and all night waking up our babies!!!! geez... :rolleyes: And on top of that we went over to their house 11 times to tell them the dog was bothering us, and they shut the door in our face, or told us "well it's a dog, they bark". And we tried to mediate with them, but they said NO!

Ok, thats my short story for the day LOL

Good luck!

TheRealMacGyver

Good, responsible neighbors are hard to find these days!

I'm a big dog-lover, but I can't stand people letting their dogs roam free. At least not in a residential area. It's a good indicator that they don't care about their dog. Pit bulls have gotten a bad rap because of the people that train them to be mean. It's all about how they are trained, not so much innate.

There are two kinds of people in this world: dog-people and dogless-people:D

Suzibeck

I'm a dog lover too, but I'm so ready to move to the country. We have some irresponsible dog owner neighbors too. When they moved in they told me how they "rescued" one of the dogs from a bad home. Currently, they have 3 dogs (2 big, 1 little) in a fence that is about 8 foot by 10 foot at most. They never walk them, but they do keep them clean. The poor dogs are bored, hot, cold... you name it. One of them barks constantly. I've been leary of turning them in because we homeschool and they could retaliate. While we are doing nothing wrong, I don't care to jump through the hoops because my neighbor's are mad at me.

These same people had another dog previously that was always getting out. I called them a couple of times to let them know she was loose and they finally told me that they didn't care that she was loose. She would dig in people's yards and their trash, fortuantely she never came across a dog hater who would poision her or shoot her. Eventually, she started chasing people walking their dogs on leashes, and then kids on bikes. I talked to them again and told them she was a bite risk. They didn't care. The police would catch her and put her back in their yard but not fine them. Finally one day she chased the mail man and wouldn't let him put mail into any mailboxes. The owners were out there and just laughed. The police showed up a bit later and the family took the dog away and never brought her back right after that. Unfortuantely, they just replaced her with two new dogs.

Between these people and 3 other neighbors who let their kids run unsupervised all the time, I really want to move. One of those 3 checks on occasion to be sure her kids are not causing too much trouble but the other two don't care and get mad if I tell their kids they can't play at my house because they aren't following my rules. I'm glad winter is over, but I wish spring could last forever because I dred summer and these kids being around ALL THE TIME!

Morganthe

I have 2 dogs and have been involved in the dog world all my life.

I hate living here because no matter where I walk, even in the nicest sections of town, there are 'yard dogs' barely contained by weak fencing or tieouts that are lunging to get to us. So I don't go out walking anymore :(

I get the impression that dogs are considered something that's necessary to have a family yet just part of the property. Everyone brags about having one, but it's not really a commitment, just a convenience.

I'm glad that my 2 are getting elderly and getting lots of exercise chasing squirrels in the back yard. They've been off the property less than 10 times in the past year. Quite pathetic considering how much they've travelled & been with us the previous 12 years :(

lovinwaves

Susan in MI, Are you sure you and I aren't neighbors? LOL!! You situation sounds like just like retarded neighbors. They don't even contain their kids, why would I expect them to contain their dogs.

Morganthe, you made some good points. I grew up around dogs, so I am VERY MUCH a dog lover, but DH I don't have any and I will tell you why. #1 you SHOULD NOT have a pet unless you can be 100% a responsible pet owner. I have two kids 16mths apart, and well basically that leaves me no time to care for a dog (and mostly I don't want to).

I have decided that our neighbors have NO RESPECT for anyone else. They dont' care if their pets crap and pee in our yard, or run lose. Very low class in my opinion....

We have tossed around the idea of getting a dog, but in all reality it wouldn't be fair to the dog. I would like to think Dh and I are very very responsible dogless owners LOL!! I just wish their were more people like us, that realized....hey you don't *have* to get a dog because you think you are entitled to one.

It just seems the norm in the US "To have a dog" or "to have a cat"

Oh and don't even get me started on the neighbor cats Peeing all over my bushes and crapping in my mulch and flower bed! UGH!! ARRR!!!!

It's called "A LEASH LAW" people... USE IT FOR GOODNESS SAKES!!

Sorry my rant is over for now.... :mad:

Suzibeck

Papooses,

I just watched your video. It is so sad that some breeds are getting the rap for bad owners. I admit I'm leary of Pit Bulls and little children, mainly because so many have been bred to be mean. If I know the history of a particular dog, I'm fine, but so many are strays and you can't know. The dog in our neighborhood who bacame a bite risk was a black lab, not normally a mean breed, but any dog can become a problem without proper training and/or treatment.

We really should hold owners responsible for their dogs. If your dog damages someone's property, you pay. If your dog, bites someone, you pay. We are so bad about holding people responsible for their choices in America. And many Americans only think of themselves and not how their actions, or lack of actions, affect others. Thankfully, not all of us are that way!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I agree about biting & only wish to add that EVERY stray should be considered dangerous -- only pits & a few other breeds are being slaughtered based solely on their breed reputation because some owners are criminal, though.... Breed specific legislation is an easy out that just doesn't truly fix the problem: like a bandaid for something that needs stitches *SIGH* Only pits are illegal on the Rez yet there are hundreds of various mutts loose & they're really scary!

Suzibeck

I have decided that our neighbors have NO RESPECT for anyone else.

Yep! This is the problem in my neighborhood too. I really get along well with everyone except the bad dog owners. They hate me for telling them their dog was a bite risk. Then I told the police that too, but not until after I tried to be a good neighbor and talk to the owers first. I tolerate the bad parents and try to be a good influence on their kids. When it gets to be too much, we come inside, or go to the park.

I so wish we could live in the country and have no close neighbors, I just get tired of trying to be a good neighbor when so few others feel the same way.

lovinwaves

Yep! This is the problem in my neighborhood too. I really get along well with everyone except the bad dog owners. They hate me for telling them their dog was a bite risk. Then I told the police that too, but not until after I tried to be a good neighbor and talk to the owers first. I tolerate the bad parents and try to be a good influence on their kids. When it gets to be too much, we come inside, or go to the park.

I so wish we could live in the country and have no close neighbors, I just get tired of trying to be a good neighbor when so few others feel the same way.

LOL!! YOu and I sound ALOT alike! I am so tired of being "the Bad Neighbors", because GOD FORBID we complained about a barking dog, or loose dog. What is even funnier, is they think we are dog haters! LOL!! It cracks me up, because the whole reason we DON"T have a dog right now is because we love dogs sooo much.

I just love the mentality of "how dare you say it's bad for our dogs to bark constantly non-stop, or how dare you call the cops on our pit bull being lose". UM, HELLO!!!! :mad: :rolleyes: It's funny how they(our neighbors) always turn it around on us, like WE are the bad people....PUHLEEZ!!!

Can you tell this is a very touchy subject with me?? :p

broken4u05

I do not live really close to people so we do not worry much about dogs. My sister has 2 pits and i love them soo much. They will be coming home in a month and i can't wait. The only thing i watch of for with the dogs is they are high in energy so when i have kids over i have to put them away just because of their size. But i would do that with any dog that was hyper. Our old dog used to be friends with the people that live behind us their dog so they would run and play for hours. We are close here

Morganthe

Don't romanticize the country life too much ;) Where we used to live in NM, the owners outside the "city" (of 9,000 :rolleyes: ) were always having problems with people driving down their private roads & dumping off their unwanted pets. They used the excuse that a ranch or large homestead ALWAYS would welcome more animals. :(

Those same country residents are the ones who constantly drive with unsecured dogs in the back of the pickups. I see it around here too. It's very frightening to have someone ahead going around 50mph with loose dogs just wobbling around in the vehicle. There's so much that can go wrong with this picture :eek: :(

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
There are disrespectful idiots everywhere :rolleyes:

My old neighbor was the opposite end of the spectrum -- I called the police on him because *he* was chasing after kids walking their dogs on leashes & even used a rifle to shoot at a neighbor's cat while it sat on the window sill INSIDE the house ... Leila was on the deck in direct aim :eek: :mad:

TheRealMacGyver

he* was chasing after kids walking their dogs on leashes & even used a rifle to shoot at a neighbor's cat while it sat on the window sill INSIDE the house ... Leila was on the deck in direct aim

OMG what a whack job, that's scary.

There are disrespectful idiots everywhere

Try this: When you wake up tomorrow, get a clean pad of paper and a pen and keep it with you all day. Everytime you see an idiot do something, uh, well, idiotic, write it down. By the afternoon, you'll need more paper!:D

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
No kidding @@ Turns out of course that he's the town drunk -- he alone would fill up a steno pad, LOL....

mominabigtruck

I've called the cops on my neighbors numerous times because while they have a fence between our properties it doesn't go around the front, so their dog just runs around the front of the fence into our yard. They have a little terrier type dog that is really aggressive and will chase you, if we have a fill in mail person they won't deliver our mail because they have to walk by their house. So when I call the cops and they come out they tell me they can't do anything because they didn't see it happen.:rolleyes: Well the neighbors know as soon as I go inside I'm calling the cops, what am I supposed to stand outside and let it bite my leg until they get there. At least now they know that its me calling the cops so they never let their dog out except to go to the bathroom and they stay right there with it.

Morganthe

I've called the cops on my neighbors numerous times because while they have a fence between our properties it doesn't go around the front, so their dog just runs around the front of the fence into our yard. They have a little terrier type dog that is really aggressive and will chase you, if we have a fill in mail person they won't deliver our mail because they have to walk by their house. So when I call the cops and they come out they tell me they can't do anything because they didn't see it happen.:rolleyes: Well the neighbors know as soon as I go inside I'm calling the cops, what am I supposed to stand outside and let it bite my leg until they get there. At least now they know that its me calling the cops so they never let their dog out except to go to the bathroom and they stay right there with it.

You could always put out a crate with food inside of it on your property, trap the dog, & drop him off at the cop shop or shelter. It's up to you if you want to inform them of the owner's names & address if it doesn't have tags on him.

I'm surprised that the fill-in mail person hasn't reported this to the head office. The Post office has defined procedures for dealing with owners who don't control their dogs. Sometimes they're much more efficient than the cops when enforcing rules. Neither rain, nor snow nor sleet..... and they don't take an aggressive dog lightly these days. Contact your local post office to complain about the 'failed mail delivery' days because of dog. That might help get something done. :)

remken

The animal control still have not called back yet. I don't have anything against pit bulls If it seemed like I do. Its the owners who beat them and train them to be mean that I have a problem with.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC