Today's car seat clinic

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I was the senior checker. We had Gabe and another tech that has been a tech for a few years. We also had two new techs. One came up and asked if DH and I used to do weekly clinics in Keizer. Well, yes, we did. Well, he became a tech because of us. :D I remembered him. We told him he was make a great tech. 4 years later, he is one.

The new techs learned a lot.

A couple interesting things. This Scenera.

100_1273.jpg

It was from the program that DH and I used to help with. So this person was taught something. Well, now look at this.

100_1272.jpg

What? Ok, so I check it out more.

100_1274.jpg

And the bottom.

100_1275.jpg

Then there was a 2001 Toyota Tundra. Oh that tether bugs me.

Outboard:

100_1268.jpg

Then down to the floor, by the door.

100_1271.jpg

Middle, through a tunnel and hook behind the cup holders.

100_1269.jpg

100_1270.jpg

The problem is, that tether adjuster would NOT go through the tunnel. Nice.

So, busy clinic. Sure wish we had atleast 2 more techs. My feet hurt and we are tired!

Last edited:
ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
We have an event today too w/ a new graduating class! Yay! I think I like this class. I didn't get to talk to many of them, but they seemed super motivated to be there and like they really cared. Unlike when I took the course and most people were forced to be there, hence why I know of maybe 5 people who are still techs now 4 yrs later out of 27 people in that class. :( Anyways, we got to give out a few seats and got like 6 to recycle, it was a good day.

I do have to say I think that may be the most creative routing I've ever seen on a carseat.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
We got 2 expired RAs, a CS, the same SR20 seat I brought AJ home from the hospital in (awwwww), and a combo seat, Chase maybe. It was a good day, lots of Spanish clients since we were in that part of town. It could've been so much busier but it never is. I'm not sure how else to get parents there from that area of town. :(

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
We were in a Spanish/Russian town. All were Spanish at this clinic. When we have them there, they are always busy.

Mae

Things that make you go... :dizzy:

Say whaaaaat?

I'm glad that overall it was a good day. And that's so cool that he became a tech because of you guys! :D

NebraskaMom

I was at the event today with Jennifer...in fact I am a graduate from that class today.

I'd say it could've been busier for sure, but my particular station was busy...sort of. The first car, our instructor handled while we helped/observed. The next car was a minivan with 4 kids of various ages...that was also our last car as it took nearly 2 hours. BUT..Mom left with those kids nice and safe in her van and she was confident in how to install the seats, adjust the harness straps and most importantly why it is best practice to keep the kids harnessed and/or RFing.

Stacey
(brand new technician :D )

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
I was at the event today with Jennifer...in fact I am a graduate from that class today.

I'd say it could've been busier for sure, but my particular station was busy...sort of. The first car, our instructor handled while we helped/observed. The next car was a minivan with 4 kids of various ages...that was also our last car as it took nearly 2 hours. BUT..Mom left with those kids nice and safe in her van and she was confident in how to install the seats, adjust the harness straps and most importantly why it is best practice to keep the kids harnessed and/or RFing.

Stacey

Hi Stacey! I was there too. I'm so glad the mom was receptive to what you all told her. The mom spoke spanish so they were working through a translator. Good job! :thumbsup:

Judi that's great he bacame a tech. Jen gave me the push I needed to become one.

MomToEliEm

The tether routing you saw in the 2001 Tacoma is the same as my 2003 Tunda (not full size). It was a real pain using that tether in the middle since the roundabout adjuster didn't fit well down in the hole and then if you did get it there, it was a pain getting it tightened and loosened.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Katy, good catch. I wash thinking Tundra and typed Tacoma. Both have weird tether systems.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member

Stacey

I forgot you were taking the class! Ack! Now I feel bad b/c I have no idea who you are, lol. Who was your instructor for your group? I can at least narrow you down a little.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Yeah, I totally talked to you guys! I was the crazy one running around w/ nothing to do b/c you guys were doing it all, lol. I stopped by w/ Todd (the guy in the green shirt) and I was carrying a carseat, good times! I <3 Amy!

NebraskaMom

I <3 Amy!

Yeah she's pretty great. We learned a lot during the class and of all the instructors she was one of my more favorite just from the way she talks and explains things. It seems to come naturally to her.

I hope to start a "back to boosters" campaign in my kids elementary school sometime this fall. Perhaps we can get together along with other techs and some of the instructors to help me lift it off the ground. This area is very..um..set in their ways and this is going to be very much like moving a mountain with a bicycle!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Tracey Rouse is a good person to talk to about that. We were going to have a booster campaign 2 yrs ago and I'm not sure it went anywhere so maybe ask her about ideas.

NebraskaMom

Yes I will contact her once I get all my ducks in a row. I need to get my principal on board with the idea, and that might be my major hurdle #1.

Right now I'm trying to find as many events, fittings and such that I can so I can get a good amount of practice in. I will be at the Reruns event at the end of September, as well as the LaVista Health Fair in October.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC