3 across in a BMW X5, round 2 (pic heavy)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
This is the current setup:

bodhi277-1.jpg

It works, but I would prefer having the Coccoro outboard, since it's a pain to lift my 1 yo over his sister and into the middle. Also, with this arrangement neither of the convertibles fit RF, and I would like to RF at least one of the girls for the winter.

I tried out a Radian:
radian001.jpg

It fits beautifully. I could have slid back the front seat a couple of clicks from the picture. I do drive with the seat adjusted about halfway forward, as it's a manual transmission and I have shortish legs ;)

FF, it doesn't save any room over the Complete Air. I'm sure it would give us more room than the Marathon, but DD2 was sleeping and I didn't want to wake her and have to hold her while I installed seats. :rolleyes:
radian003.jpg

My 5 yo was very excited to see the seat RF and wanted to hop in:
radian006.jpg

She has very little growing room, so if she RF's it will have to be in the Complete Air. Her shoulders are also about 1/2" below the top slot in the Radian, so I think we'll stick with the CA for her.
radian007.jpg

radian008.jpg

Anyway, I was very pleased with how well the Radian RF's in this car. I'm definitely sold on getting a Radian to replace the Marathon, so DD2 can RF again :thumbsup:

Trogdor.

ADS

MomToEliEm

Great pictures. That is great that you were able to get the two seats rearfacing. Have you tried the CA yet to see if it fits as well?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The CA does RF well, but not with my current setup. With the MA, CCO, and CA in the car, the only way they fit is for the MA and CA to both be FF, and the CCO has to be center. That's my reason for ordering a Radian--so I can RF one of the older kids, and so DS can go outboard in the CCO.

I should note too that the Complete Air does not install well rear-facing with LATCH. The LATCH anchors are located pretty high up on the seat itself instead of down in the seatbight, and because of this I can't get less than about 6 inches of movement with the CA RF. With the seatbelt it's a very easy install, and FF it installs very easy with either the LATCH or the seatbelt.

Firemomof3No, the LATCH is not attached :) The LATCH belt was just laying in the belt path as I was trying out installs. I decided to go with a seatbelt install since it gives me a little more room, and I stowed the LATCH belt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC