So proud of them! Legal issue ? too.

Katy

First of all I'd like to say that I'm so proud of two of my friends that converted to our carseat world! Both are now ERF and following all the carseat safety recommendations and rules.

J got a divorce and custody of his little girl @ 3m now is 15m. He ERF her in a TF. Her mom came to pick her up for a one day visitation. She came with a FF only and expired carseat not even installed correctly. He took the seat and is having me destroy it. Then loaned her a CS for the day, installed it RF and insisted it stays that way. After the visit he is going to recommend that she get a new seat for RF her for the next visit. Told her use their daughters insurance card for a free seat at our county clinic. They will make her watch the video and teach her how to install it. I know she has to follow the proper carseat usage but how about ERF can he really make her do that since it is not a law? we are in MN

Also my other friend has her 3yr ERF in a RN not an easy thing for her to afford, but did it since her daughter had grown out of her 40lb FF seat and would have had to get a GN anyways. Instead she got a $200 diapers.com deal and ERF instead. Anyway she was shopping and some lady came up to her in the parking lot at walmart and told her what she was doing was dangerous!! My friend explained the ERF safer and the RN limits and the lady said no your wrong I'm calling the cops. My friend gave her her licence plate number and said go ahead...lol The lady had a barely 1yr FF in her car. I told my friend to next time refer them here. Legally the way MN rules are written there is no way to get in trouble for ERF right? Someone called CPS when my DS1 5yr was RF and they dismissed it.

ADS

Dillipop

I don't know anything about the laws in your state, but with your friend and the custody issue- I'm pretty sure that he can't make his ex do anything other than the minimums of the law. So, if your state allows children over 1 and 20 to FF, he can't make the ex rf the child. He may be able to add something to the custody agreement that says the child must be transported in a non-expired, properly installed seat, suitable for the child's age. But that would still encompass a ffing seat for a child of 15 months.

Melanie

I don't know anything about the laws in your state, but with your friend and the custody issue- I'm pretty sure that he can't make his ex do anything other than the minimums of the law. So, if your state allows children over 1 and 20 to FF, he can't make the ex rf the child. He may be able to add something to the custody agreement that says the child must be transported in a non-expired, properly installed seat, suitable for the child's age. But that would still encompass a ffing seat for a child of 15 months.
:yeahthat:

I had a judge completely shut me down on booster usage because it wasn't law at the time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC