Which is worse?

Cilia

It will probably not happen, but I want to know anyway... Which is more unsafe of these two bad options.

DD1 ff outboard, DD2 rf outboard and me in the middle where there is no headrest.

DD1 ff in the front seat (seat back as far as possible). Me (with headrest) and DD2 rf in the backseat.

ADS

Maedze

Neither of those is ideal. Can you put your child restraints next to each other and sit outboard in the rear?

Cilia

For now I can and have it that way. We just got home from Sweden where dd2 was in a Britax freeway. We had no problems there, but have had issues with her in her SR22 since got back. I hope she will be OK in the SR for a while longer and that the crying is just from jet lag. If not I need to move her to another seat soon.

DD1 is currently in a Roundabout 40 that I am planning on giving to DD2. I also have one EFTA that would work for both of them, but would be better for DD1 since she is on the top slot of the RA. My third option is a RA50 for DD1.

DD1 will be 4 in five days :love::eek: and is on the light side with 30 lbs. I do not know her torso height. DD2 is 6 months and about 14 lbs and still on the first slot in the SR.

I would like to have them next to each other if possible. I have about 34" to get two seats in to. My RA expires in one year and after that I would like to have DD2 in the RA50 and have DD1 in a combo seat or hbb if possible right next to her. DD1 is no way near booster ready yet, but might be by next year. If she has the weight for it.

I know my best option would be one or two RN:s, but I do not like how a rfing RN makes you sit in the front seat and I cannot use it rf in the center.

I have been thinking about this problem for quite some time now, but cannot come to a satisfying conclusion.

Oh, the car in question is still a 2008 Matrix :rolleyes:

Maedze

Why don't you sit in the front seat with the two children outboard in the back?

I was assuming that they might have to transport another party, but if that's not the case, then yes, the correct answer if the seats do not install side by side, is to have two children outboard in the back and the adults in the front.

Cilia

Why don't you sit in the front seat with the two children outboard in the back?

If the baby needs to be tended to I would like to have the option of sitting in the back with her. And also for when we have another adult along. DD2 would then be in the middle. But like I said in the start, I do not really see either of the two options as something that would happen. We have to find a solution soon that will work.

Maedze

If the baby needs to be tended to I would like to have the option of sitting in the back with her. And also for when we have another adult along. DD2 would then be in the middle. But like I said in the start, I do not really see either of the two options as something that would happen. We have to find a solution soon that will work.

Honestly, if the baby being tended to is the only factor, this is a situation where you need to pull over and deal with it, not significantly reduce your safety or your older child's safety (although I'm gathering you've determined that, LOL, but it bears repeating.)

And if all passengers can't be restrained safely, I wouldn't transport another adult. (Alternatively, you could purchase a Ride Safer Travel Vest for your 4 year old for those occasional scenarios which would mitigate the issue.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC