FF anxiety

twinsmom

:eek: I'm nuts, completely nuts. And I know many of you will tell me I'm nuts - or at least you'll think it!:D

My kids have been riding in their boosters full time for the last week. I took their Multi Techs out of the car to clean them after a vacation, and haven't put them back in yet. I think it's time to FF. I mean - they're 5 years old. They're 45" tall and 45 lbs. They STILL fit in the MT's, but at some point it's time, right? They are so excited to ride in the new boosters, and sit perfectly well. They've never complained about RF. That's why I feel torn, I guess - they don't complain, they still fit, and I keep thinking "what if today is the day we get in an accident". I keep thinking how safe they are cradled in their MT's......you know? It's crazy, I know. <sigh> They're 5. I need to get over it!

Last edited:
ADS

twinsmom

Well, right now I'm using their boosters from DH's car - a Vivo for DS and a Maxi Cosi Rodi XR for DD. I'm still looking for full time boosters for them, and these will go back in DH's car. I'm still undecided, but I really like the Britax KidFix (another European seat; yes, it's an illness...). But maybe the new Recaro? I like the idea of LATCH, even though I know there are contradictory studies....

Maedze

The new Recaro doesn't have LATCH. LATCHABLE boosters include the Clek Oobr and the Cybex X-fix for rigid, and the Monterey and the new Compass for flexible.

twinsmom

The new Recaro doesn't have LATCH. LATCHABLE boosters include the Clek Oobr and the Cybex X-fix for rigid, and the Monterey and the new Compass for flexible.

Yeah, I know. That's kind of why I'm thinking about others. I don't really like the Oobr, the Cybex - I've seen mixed reviews on here, but I'm thinking about it. I like the Monterey but have read that it probably won't be a good fit for my kids. The Compass - haven't seen that one. I'll look into it.

I love the KidFix, and it has rigid latch. And with the Euro dropping, the price is getting more and more attractive.:)

monstah

Aww. It's amazing you kept them RF to 5 years old. :thumbsup: HUGE kudos for that. Even if they were 8 or 10, it's going to be hard no matter what.

NannyMom

I don't think you're nuts. I'm having anxiety over Sofi FF in SIL's car when she turns 4. She'll remaimn RF in all other cars as long as she fits. I'm stressing, and considering telling SIL no :whistle:

But, like PP said, it'll be hard no matter what the age.

canadiangie

It is so hard. Sometime in June, after my oldest turned 4, and me having told her for months that once she turned 4 she could ff, I did in fact turn her. She rode ff for about a week. And then we took a road trip and I decided to turn her back rf so she could sleep better, and she hasn't been ff again since then. :eek:

For a solid week I rode around with her starring at me in the rear view mirror, happy as a clam (ridiculously happy) and all I could think is why is my 30 pound baby ff'ing. Ultimately, I have decided she will stay rf for a while longer. Probably until October when she's about 4.5 and we have a new addition to our family.

It's hard. You're not nuts. Hugs!!

twinsmom

lol. Thanks guys - it's good to know I'm not the only one. I mean, at 2 or even 3 I can see stressing about it. I thought at 5 I would feel more certain. Oh well, I'm not sure what I'm going to do now, but I'm thinking it's booster time from now on....we'll see....

ZephyrBlue

Coming from someone whose 7.5yo just went from a harnessed seat to a booster last week :crying: I understand the "What if we get in an accident today?" feelings. But logically I know she's well protected in her ProBooster, and your littles are very very safe FF at 5. Why does being a mommy have to be so darn hard most of the time? LOL

twinsmom

Coming from someone whose 7.5yo just went from a harnessed seat to a booster last week :crying: I understand the "What if we get in an accident today?" feelings. But logically I know she's well protected in her ProBooster, and your littles are very very safe FF at 5. Why does being a mommy have to be so darn hard most of the time? LOL

How do you like the ProBooster?:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd get a couple of Frontier 85's, used them harnessed a little longer, and then use them as boosters, I like how the seats are so deep and can be top tethered as well as lower anchored in booster mode. That's just me, though... I've heard good things about the probooster, too :)

twinsmom

Yes, it's pronounced with a short "i" sound, "Brit" like you would say "sit". It can be hard to get used to if you've been saying "Brey - tax"

gsdguenter

well I like Brihtax better and that's what I thought it was to begin with so I am going back to that and claiming that's the British way so there :whistle::p

ZephyrBlue

How do you like the ProBooster?

I like it well enough not to buy her another harnessed seat now that I've figured out that the Nauti does not install well in her seating position :) Seriously, I was prepared to buy a ProSport or Radian for her to keep her harnessed, but the fit in the ProBooster is so so good and I feel that she's is very VERY well protected in it. She does fit surprisingly well in the Monterey, too. But I like the fit of the PB even better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC