Saved my grandson from being FF this weekend

msg221

Both my stepdaughters are off to California this weekend. Stepdaughter #1 (mother of the grandtwins) left this morning and stepdaughter #2, (mother of Ethan & Chase) is leaving super early Sat morning. Stepdaughter #2 mentioned that her DH wanted to turn Ethan FF for the trip. Ethan is riding in a Britax Advocate RF and he just doesn't have much room in that seat. It's going to be a six hour drive so his dad thought he'd be more comfortable FF. My stepdaughter was not happy about that at all, (Ethan just turned 2 last month), so Nanny M (me!) saved the day and told her to take the TFP that is in my car and let Ethan use that for the trip. In fact, I had e-mailed her this morning offering it to her because I wanted Ethan to be more comfy anyway. Now I am really glad I offered after finding out that her DH wanted to turn him around. This way he is still rear facing and has tons of room for his legs. I installed it in her 2009 Honda Pilot and it went in like a dream! So now everyone is happy and I am relieved that he won't be FF for this trip.

ADS

mommy-medic

Yayy!!! Does her DH understand the reasoning and physics behind ERFing or is he just along for the ride? Kudos to them for RFing to 2 as well!!!:thumbsup:

msg221

Yayy!!! Does her DH understand the reasoning and physics behind ERFing or is he just along for the ride? Kudos to them for RFing to 2 as well!!!:thumbsup:

I don't know if he does or if my stepdaughter has explained it to him. She has seen the videos (Joel's Journey and the other one re: FF vs. RF) and is totally for ERF. I am so happy that even when all of her friends with kids the same age as Ethan have given her a hard time about why he isn't FF yet, she just ignores them and asks them if THEY have seen the videos. I think I have convinced my other stepdaughter as well (her twins are 13 months old). If only I could have convinced my friend to not have turned her 2 year old twins FF. At least she kept them RF that long and they still RF in my car, when I have them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC