Links for parent of 3 year old in seat belt please :)

alisha_roseleip

I know that you ladies Rock and will be able to help me. MY cousin has his son in a seat belt most of the time and the officers do not seem to care when they are called. His wife has even called them. She is not looking for information for him to try to convince him to put their son in the carseat in the car instead of just the seatbelt in the FRONT seat:eek:. I sent her the KDM but is there any other good links I can send to help her out? My poor preggo brain is not functioning enough to find good links for her ;) Thanks ladies!!

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
A booster would be better than nothing, I have a link saying how boosters are better than just a seatbelt. I just hate giving that, but in this situation it might be appropriate.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-09/chop-htb090905.php

•Belt-positioning booster seats provided a 58 percent overall reduction in risk of injury to 4-to 8-year-olds in side-impact crashes as compared with seat belts alone. (These findings support prior PCPS research, which shows booster seats to be 59 percent effective in reducing injury risk to 4-to 8-year-olds in crashes of all impact directions.)

alisha_roseleip

Thanks!

I also sent her a few other You Tube Videos. Praying that she can convince him and that he keeps making comments on why the heck my 3 1/2 year old is RFing so I can keep making the comments back :rolleyes:

hrice

Thanks!

I also sent her a few other You Tube Videos. Praying that she can convince him and that he keeps making comments on why the heck my 3 1/2 year old is RFing so I can keep making the comments back :rolleyes:

Are they married? Seperated? I don't get it? She keeps him harnessed and he just uses a seatbelt? Sorry I'm a little confused here.

alisha_roseleip

They are married and Dad has him a bunch during the day because he works from home. Mom puts him in the carseat when she had him, but Dad just tosses him in because he does not think it is a big deal. :confused:

hrice

They are married and Dad has him a bunch during the day because he works from home. Mom puts him in the carseat when she had him, but Dad just tosses him in because he does not think it is a big deal. :confused:

Same car just doesn't use the car seat? My hubby and I are not always on th esame page but he would never go against my wishes in such a manner. I can't even imagine!

I hope you can convince them!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Wow, I'd be PISSED! I can see myself telling dad he can't watch the kid then. I can't imagine he'd be great at taking care of him if his safety doesn't even concern thim.

alisha_roseleip

I guess I will wait and see what happens:shrug-shoulders:
I want to :hitselfonhead::hitselfonhead:and:soapbox:though and I very well might!!:whistle:

Thanks ladies for the help and I will send her what I have.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I know a family like that... so they're not the only one. (Per the older kids in that family, when dad DOES use the car seat, he fastens the chest clip only.) There's no getting through to him.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC