Vibe/Matrix owners - TF/TFP/CCO or thoughts on MA70?

nikamom

I'm narrowing down my choices and have been searching for a seat that will work with our '03 Pontiac Vibe. We'll be placing it right passenger side, and it will be next to a Marathon but we don't need to puzzle since we only have the 2 seats. DH and I are both tall so we need a seat that allows the front passenger seat to stay pushed back fairly far.

The seat is for DS who will be around 5-6 months when using it. And he's a big boy too, and I imagine he'll be toward the top of his growth chart at that point (he is already, and his big sister is at the top of her growth chart for height).

So I've narrowed down to the True Fit, True Fit Premiere, the Coccoro, or maybe the Marathon 70? But of course nobody has any experience with that one yet.....

Thanks in advance for any input!!! :D

ADS

aeormsby

I just helped my sister install her Truefit RF in my BIL's Vibe a couple weeks ago. They need it for a newborn though so it was without the headrest & at the 45 degree angle. It caused the passenger seat to be kind of forward (I think if I would have sat there I would have had a little space for my knees still, we had the front seat upright to give more leg room - I & my sister are about 5'9"/5'10")

If it helps here's a picture:
100_6973.JPG

This was my first time installing the seat, maybe someone else would know how much more/less room it would take up with the headrest on & more upright for an older infant.

That's the Truefit Recline.

theannex2

I have a regular TF rear-facing behind the passenger seat in a 03 Vibe. It's pretty upright (no noodle) since it's a 2 year-old in it. Both my DH (6 ft) and I (5 ft 7) can sit in front of it comfortably.

nikamom

Anne, do you think that you'd fit if it were reclined for a little one? I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and order the TF....

BeckC

That seat looks much more reclined than 45 degrees. Also, what is that orange bar with the purple loop?

I just helped my sister install her Truefit RF in my BIL's Vibe a couple weeks ago. They need it for a newborn though so it was without the headrest & at the 45 degree angle. It caused the passenger seat to be kind of forward (I think if I would have sat there I would have had a little space for my knees still, we had the front seat upright to give more leg room - I & my sister are about 5'9"/5'10")

If it helps here's a picture:
100_6973.JPG

This was my first time installing the seat, maybe someone else would know how much more/less room it would take up with the headrest on & more upright for an older infant.

That's the Truefit Recline.

aeormsby

That seat looks much more reclined than 45 degrees. Also, what is that orange bar with the purple loop?

That's the recline model with the level indicator, it was right at the 45 degree angle, I was warned by many people when I was asking for install tips that from the side it would look over-reclined, the inside of the seat (back) is less reclined than the outside of the seat. The orange strap is the strap that holds the latch strap to the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC