Squeezing 3 seats in my Jetta Wagon

dmpmercury

I met with An Aurora a local cpst from here today to have my seats looked at.

I have a baby due in September and I had to fit 3 seats preferably rear facing in my jetta wagon which is no easy task. I wasn't sure if my boulevard was too upright and if my baby trend infant seat was at a 45 degree angle. It turns out the boulevard was too upright like I was fearing and it wouldn't fit behind the driver side to accomadate my dh even at a 30 degree angle. The baby trend infant seat also didn't fit behind the driver with the base installed. When we tried without the base we finally got it to fit. So the combo for September is the baby trend behind the driver baseless, a rear facing radian in the center and a rear facing boulevard behind the passenger. Hopefully it isn't too hard to slip the baby under the seatbelt by the legs. It seems like it can be hard in that spot.

I was wondering what seat to get after the baby outgrows the baby trend that would actually fit. I can't really get deals on the britax seats living in Alaska and I wasn't sure if they would fit with the redesign any way. Anna had a coccoro and a complete air she let me try. We tried the coccoro and my 22 month old ds fit with room to grow. He is probably as big as my kids would get so that was good to know. It might get us to around 3.

Next we tried the complete air. This seat was too wide and didn't puzzle well with the radian for such a tight spot. We moved the radian over to see if it would fit behind the passenger but even at its most upright it didn't fit.

We met a a BRU so I thought I would try a myride. We thought it would be too wide. It is quite the beast and seems really wide. I knew it puzzled with a radian but it is a tight spot it needed to get in. We tried it out and it actually fit really good. It took up less front to back room than the boulevard rear facing and it had plenty of room width wise too. I tried my dd in the seat and she had maybe 2 inches above her head. It is less than in the boulevard for her but I think it will get my smaller kids at least until 4 and her to maybe 5.

Thank you Anna for your help today and for trying all kinds of combos of seats. :thumbsup: I feel better knowing the seats fit and to know that when the baby seat is outgrown we actually have something that will fit.

If you need a seat that is decent to fit in tight spaces both front to back and width wise the myride does really well with a rear facing radian.

ADS

Chely7425

I really want to try a MyRide in my 3 across... I wonder if it would puzzle with a CA... Good to know it is possibly and yay for finding a combo that works!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've put 3 Britax seats in a Jetta wagon. They are actually pretty nice for 3 across compared to some cars!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC