True Fit Premiere covers, real life pics?

NannyMom

Either I'm no good at searching, or there is no thread like this yet. I have a True Fit Premiere in Cranberry, currently wearing Monet True Fit clothes :eek: I like the Cranberry, but love the Monet for my girl. I also have an extra Blue Aurora cover for winter (and snowy/muddy boots). My TFP is being replaced by Learning Curve, and they said I must send the original cover, but that they don't have the Cranberry to send me a new one :( She asked if it was for a boy or girl, and I said I wanted a neutral cover. She said she could send me Retro Geo. I was lookign at the seats online, and they are all so BLAH. Can I see some IRL pics? And what the covers feel like? Is Retro Geo plush, or slick (like the Auroras, and Britax's Onyx)?

I want to see the covers other than Retro Geo too ;)

ADS
Either I'm no good at searching, or there is no thread like this yet. I have a True Fit Premiere in Cranberry, currently wearing Monet True Fit clothes :eek: I like the Cranberry, but love the Monet for my girl. I also have an extra Blue Aurora cover for winter (and snowy/muddy boots). My TFP is being replaced by Learning Curve, and they said I must send the original cover, but that they don't have the Cranberry to send me a new one :( She asked if it was for a boy or girl, and I said I wanted a neutral cover. She said she could send me Retro Geo. I was lookign at the seats online, and they are all so BLAH. Can I see some IRL pics? And what the covers feel like? Is Retro Geo plush, or slick (like the Auroras, and Britax's Onyx)?

I want to see the covers other than Retro Geo too ;)
oh crap really it has to be sent back with the original cover??? I am having my regular true fit replaced by them, I ripped off the eps testing my install (with my non dominant hand.. so clearly there was a problem with the seat)
But I am not sure I even have the original cover now.. I was going to send it back naked.

NannyMom

oh crap really it has to be sent back with the original cover??? I am having my regular true fit replaced by them, I ripped off the eps testing my install (with my non dominant hand.. so clearly there was a problem with the seat)
But I am not sure I even have the original cover now.. I was going to send it back naked.

That's what she told me. I want to send it back naked, I don't want to loose the pretty cranberry cover. :( I spoke with the woman 3 times about the seat. It's over 1yr old and I don't have any proof of purchase. So I didn't want to push things too far.

geekKT

Retro Geo...

IMGP2226.JPG

CIMG1809.JPG

CIMG1825.JPG

IMHO - I really like this cover til I pull out the infant insert, then it's boring. Just gray underneath. The black is sort of plushy I suppose and the gray is more nylon. I wish I could have cranberry.

Last edited:

msg221

Retro Geo...

[IMHO - I really like this cover til I pull out the infant insert, then it's boring. Just gray underneath. The black is sort of plushy I suppose and the gray is more nylon. I wish I could have cranberry.

I agree. I was bummed I never got to use the infant insert. Well, I did use it last weekend with Chase but I regretted using my seat instead of his usual SS1. He fell asleep in the car, on our way to dinner, then SCREAMED because he was pissed off that I woke him when I took him out of the seat. This is when I prefer having a bucket seat for small infants. I couldn't even enjoy my dinner because he wanted to be held the entire time so I had to eat with one hand! Good thing he's so darn cute!

But back to the covers. Yes, the gray part on the Retro Geo is rough feeling and I don't like it. I have said before that it reminds me of backpack material. I called Learning Curve to buy a Bionic Splash cover a few weeks ago, but they didn't have any.

I also have the Pink Polka Dotty and I know you said you wanted a neutral color. Well, the pink on this seat is so light, it almost looks off white. And without the infant insert, it really just looks mostly brown with off white trim and the whole seat is plush. Here is a pic of Katelyn in it:

P1020070.jpg

NannyMom

But with my 3 year old climbing into her own seat, the light pink will soon be brown ;) She's doing a number on the Monet, I have to be sure to wash it again soon. This is partly why I was thinking of switching back to the Cranberry cover, it would hide the dirt better.

Keeanh

How does Learning Curve know which cover was on it in the first place? Can you send it back with your least favorite cover? Have you tried talking to someone else? Any way you could get them to keep their new, saleable Geo cover and let you keep your Cranberry (which they wouldn't be able to use 'cause it's "used")? If their problem is that you're profiting by scoring a free cover, they could send a naked seat (if that's legal...).

Evolily

How does Learning Curve know which cover was on it in the first place? Can you send it back with your least favorite cover? Have you tried talking to someone else? Any way you could get them to keep their new, saleable Geo cover and let you keep your Cranberry (which they wouldn't be able to use 'cause it's "used")? If their problem is that you're profiting by scoring a free cover, they could send a naked seat (if that's legal...).

Presumably they can tell through the serial number and any other identifying numbers on the seat.

Keeanh

Presumably they can tell through the serial number and any other identifying numbers on the seat.

Oh, right :eek:. Still, they should be flattered that someone likes their cover so much they'd rather keep an old one than get a new one. I'd keep up "negotiations" ;).

NannyMom

When I call next week to arrange a pick up, I will ask the new person about the cover. I wouldn't mind loosing the Cranberry if they had another cover with color.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Wanting to see more pics. I am getting that pilk polka dotty, but will probably be switching covers.

NannyMom

Premiere currently has 4 covers. Retro Geo, Pink Dotty, Rails, and Bionic Splash.

I like some of the recline covers, I wish they would put some better ones on the Premiere. For Recline- City Chic, Great Outdoors, Urban life

kaleigh71

I'm waiting on the Retro Rails I won. They were out of stock for that particular pattern so I told them I could wait until they got more for their sweepstakes winners. Should be the end of the month according to the rep.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC