Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Which seat for vacation?

We will be driving at least 3hrs to get to where we're going. Either SIL or DB will be sitting in the middle row with her, no one else in the back.

Because of the bent rebound bar, the True Fit Premiere is out of the running

Radian- Has RF tether, and is narrow, I could *try to get it center just for the trip (old boot is too wide, with new boot it slowly over reclines). More legroom.

My Ride- Will have to be outboard for SIL or DB's comfort too. Had cup holders. Good SIP. Great for sleeping. No rebound control.

Complete Air is out because I just don't like it as much as the others.

Which seat would you choose?
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Which seat for vacation?

Since there are only two people in the back and one is an adult, I'd put the other seat outbound regardless (for comfort)

I'd take the My Ride. Cupholders. Comfortable. You don't need the space and the Radian has negatives for over reclines.

Unless your child complains about legroom.

--Sarah & D.J. (3-20-04)
    DS (08/07) ~ 8 ~ 52 pound ~ Graco Highback Turbobooster -- 3rd Grade!
    DD (08/11) ~ 4 yr ~ 32 lb ~ Britax Roundabout 50, Maestro -- Pre-K!

I agree. The adults can slide under the sides of the MR, and I'm guessing you can install it pretty far over to the side because it's high enough that it should hit over the arm rests in the door like the MA.
    Shanna - Paramedic & Mom
    Trenton (19), Michael (17), Gabriel (15), Miss Abigail (12), Kaleigh (10), and Caleb (8) - Evenflo booster

They just don't make em like they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannaLeah View Post
    I agree. The adults can slide under the sides of the MR, and I'm guessing you can install it pretty far over to the side because it's high enough that it should hit over the arm rests in the door like the MA.
    I have an 8 passenger Sienna, so space isn't an issue. And we are pretty big adults, not sure my leg would fit under the cup holder.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus

Gotcha. I think I'd still do the MR outboard for passenger comfort.

Unless she prefers the Radian. Hmmm.

If she has a preference, I'd go with that. My kids do much better when they get a say.
    Shanna - Paramedic & Mom
    Trenton (19), Michael (17), Gabriel (15), Miss Abigail (12), Kaleigh (10), and Caleb (8) - Evenflo booster

They just don't make em like they used to.

CPS Fanatic

Your MR is purple, right? Then that is the obvious choice.

Quote Originally Posted by flutie128 View Post
    Your MR is purple, right? Then that is the obvious choice.
    LOL! Yes, it is. I told Sofi we'd take that seat, and she wasn't happy. I even tried to remind her it had "pockets", and that didn't help. Maybe it was the fact that I told her we'd take it out of Grandma's car.... maybe she thinks that means she can't go to Grandma's anymore lol