When do you measure and wwyd?

melniemi

When do you measure for rfing headroom? Right when you buckle or after they "settle" in? When I put baby in his KF, he is close to the limits, but almost immediately after buckling, grabs his feet and his butt slides closer to the crotch buckle, giving him more room.

Same with dd2, except she just kinda settles in. Dd2 has about 2" of room left (1 or a lil more to grow) right when I buckle her, but a good 2" of grow room after settling. She must've had a torso growth spurt or something because I swear she just had 4" above her head. She is now 28-29# as well.

Anyway, I grabbed a RA50 on clearance and was thinking about using it for baby but now if dd2 is nearing the limits of her ma, should I just pass it down and stick her in a frontier? She has been asking almost daily for the past week if I'll turn her seat around. She is 3y 6.5mon. I really wanted her to make it past 4. And she does fine rfing, she's just suddenly been asking. Not sure why.

I had an XTSL and dd slept horrible in it. Should I get her a reg radian? A true fit? I don't know what to do. I was really banking on the new Britax seats being all that, but now I'm afraid she's already outgrown it, or is close :( I'm not fond of using the old britaxes ffing.

So if you made it through my novel, any advice? Thanks a lot :)

ADS

Pixels

I want my child to be protected whether I get hit two seconds out of the driveway as I'm pulling out, or as I'm pulling back in when I get home. I think the seat needs to fit properly both before and after settling.

And based on your siggy, I'd probably pass T's Frontier down and get that child a dedicated booster, rather than buying another Frontier. Unless, of course, there are factors I'm not aware of. :)

babyherder

I'd look into a seat that has a higher height and weight limit for rf. Give that to your DD and put the baby in the MA. When the baby outgrows the MA or DD is over 4 you can pass the new seat to the baby so he can rear face longer. If your goal is to rear face past 4 then I would stick with that goal. And then, when she's 4 your dd can have a say in which way she faces.

melniemi

Here is dd right when she gets in her seat - I put a book cover on top her head and had her hold it, so whether or not it's angled a little, I'm not sure. She's such a peanut, I'm shocked she's this close.

P1050369.jpg

And baby is about the same soon after putting him in. I can make him sit more upright, but he wouldn't even stay there long enough to snap a pic.

Any other input? I'm torn over using my seats as long as possible, putting baby in the ra50 and leaving dd till she truly outgrows her ma, or giving baby the ma and putting dd in a frontier.

Thanks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC