Was this booster study ever posted?

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't remember seeing it before, thanks for posting.

More than the reduction in injury rates, I'm actually surprised that despite enacting the upgraded law, they're still only at 50% usage. Yikes. (The vast majority of people I know around here went out and bought their 4-8yos backlesses when our law passed, albeit grudgingly.)

hrice

People don't follow the laws because they really aren't inforced (or not where I live). Sad but true.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
See, now certain areas here have been trying to enforce the law. THey did this in Kingston last year, I had a thread on it, and had cops sitting at the pickup line.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=80989&highlight=kingston+booster

And they have upped the law as of November 2009 to under age 8, for booster use:thumbsup:

But unfortunately most of the parents I know who were already past the 6y.o. law refuse to re-booster their kids :( I know quite a few personally :(

hrice

See, now certain areas here have been trying to enforce the law. THey did this in Kingston last year, I had a thread on it, and had cops sitting at the pickup line.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=80989&highlight=kingston+booster

And they have upped the law as of November 2009 to under age 8, for booster use:thumbsup:

I spoke to the school principal at my son's elementary last year and will push to have something like that done this year.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
That's a great study. I also think that it probably helps us feel a bit better about tinies in cheap, not-the-best, and/or backless boosters, because chances are, most of those kids who were boostered from ages 4-6 due to the law, were probably in cosco backless boosters and the like, and yet, we STILL saw a reduction in injury. Might still be a far cry from what we would consider "best practice", but it's nice to know a 4 yo in a backless isn't the death sentence it is sometimes made out to be n the board.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC