Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Laurette's Avatar

Coccoro recline block

Can someone tell me all about it. I saw a pic of it in the Swap forum and it really doesn't look like it would do much. Any picures of how it works installed? Can you just use a noodle instead?

Please help, my friend will be bringing home triplets in these seats sometime soon and I need to know if I should order the blocks of just get some noodles.

TIA
    Former CPST/Mommy to
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/nlgm2006/IMG_0508-1.jpg
    adding a new seat to my Mazda5 in June!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Coccoro recline block

I have never seen one IRL so I can't help you there.
    I wrapped a pool noodle with a single layer of that grippy seat saver (cut to size) and it works awesome.

It would have been cheaper to get the free block from Combi first but it wasn't available then so I thought I was a genius.

Senior Community Member

i got the recline block hoping it would help my install but it was a big disappointment! its a small pad of hard foam basically. i thought it would be an actual wedge that you slid in between the bottom where the cut out is. it does nothing for me.

here is a video i found that actually has a block or wedge to help square out the bottom for rear facing. of course its a different country so it dosent help us any they get both the block and a big version of the "pad" they send us

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZLcAOuXyUc&feature=related"]YouTube- Combi Coccoro [HD] 汽座安裝影片 part 1 of 2[/ame]

So that block thing she stuck up under the seat before installing it was included? Thats cool, if so.
    Former CPST/Mommy to

Senior Community Member

it looks like a it came with the coccoro in that country. i didnt get one with mine here and the rfing block i got was a black foam pad about half the size of the one in the video. it didnt even come with instructions i was pretty disappointed.

I noticed that the blue RF lock-off isn't shown at all in that video either. I remember when the Coccoro first came there was some question about whether it was optional if you have free sliding latchplates.

That foam block that squares off the bottom is pretty slick. The infant padding included in the video is really different too.
    Daniele
    dd1 born/died 4/30/03
    ds1 11yo and 5 stepping it
    dd2 8yo and riding in a Parkway SGL
    ds2 4yo and riding in a Frontier CT and a Tranzitions

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar

I didn't watch the whole video because it was long and I have a short attention span.

The recline block won't help much if you're relying on it to adjust the angle. I use it in one of my cars to give a bit more stability to help with possible tippiness. I think it does just fine. I never tried a noodle, so I can't say if it's better/worse than that.

If you have a Coccoro, it's free to order one, so you have nothing to lose.

Yup, the recline block helps with tippiness, but that's about it. I don't even know why they call it a recline block. It does nothing for the recline!

I don't have any problem ordering it, but it seems like it doesn't do any real good. I'm only worried about it getting here in time for the babies release from the hospital. They have older sibblings and I'm afraid the seats will get knocked out of position... ugh!
    Former CPST/Mommy to

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    I don't even know why they call it a recline block. It does nothing for the recline!
    I *think* it's called a recline block because it originally came with the Zeus, and DID help with recline for that seat. But I could be wrong.
    ~Kelsie, CPST. Full-time nanny to C (3.5y), RF in a MySize70, and R (born 6/11/14), riding in a Coccoro. Loving Auntie to many!
    "We do the best we can with what we know, and when we know better, we do better" - Maya Angelou