Road Trip, Need New Seat

Chely7425

Well, due to my husbands apparent mid life crisis I am moving home. We have a 4 day drive to do. My older son is 28 months and RF in a CA, he seems fine with it for the most part. He is 37 inches and 33-ish pounds... but fluctuates between 31 and 35. Anyway, I think he fits well in the seat he has. My younger son is 14 months and 31 inches and 25 pounds. He is RF in a Scenera which does NOT seem that comfortable for him. It is fine for short trips but he seems uncomfy after awhile. Would another seat help this? Perhaps a MyRide or another CA? An on sale RA50? We will have 3 across soon so he will probably go back in the Scenera then but we are also getting a mini van soonish (February) so he can go back in whatever I get him then if it doesn't play nice with the other seats. I was thinking the MR might puzzle well with the CA?

ADS

SavsMom

If your oldest is comfy in the CA, I would look into that - good harness height, better rear facing leg room (if thats an issue) than the RA50, plus you are already familiar with the seat so installation should be a breeze for you. You could also get matching seats - lol!

On a side note - male mid-life crisis's suck. Hope things improve and work out for the best :)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If you can score a KMart clearance EFTA or Avenue, those would be perfect.

Otherwise, yes, another CA (if you want another,) a MyRide (which incidentally may puzzle where his Scenera normally goes,) or an EFTA/EFTA65 would be good bets. The EFTA won't work in your three-across, the other two might, in case you want to get something that might work post-trip.

Sorry to hear about your husband's midlife crisis. :(

Chely7425

Thanks guys... maybe I should give the KMart 45 minutes away and see what they have... the Targer 45 minutes away has the MyRide too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC