Toyota Highlander '08 or newer, 3 across?

turtlejd

So after much much debate, I'm thinking of going with a new Highlander Hybrid for our new car. We're expecting #3 in Nov. DD1 will be 5.5 (currently about 46" 45lbs), DS will be almost 2.5 (currently about 36" 35lbs) and DD2 will be a newbie. DD1 is currently FF in a Radian XT and DS is FF in a Marathon. Does anyone know if 3 across works in the newer Highlander? I know it's not the most practical car for 3, but after WAY too much thought, I'm thinking it'll be what'll work for our family, if 3 across works. Thanks! :)

ADS

aisraeltax

we looked at the Toyota Hylander when car shopping and the 3d row IMHO is really small. Go look at it though and see for yourself.

turtlejd

Thanks for the links! It seems that it is possible to install a carseat in the middle. I may just have to go in and try it.

I did go check it out. I didn't have time to test drive it and it seemed like the perfect size for us. I've basically been looking for a car with ok mpg and something in between a Mazda5 and Odyssey. We've been checking out a lot of cars lately. :p The Mazda5 seemed a hair too cramped and the Odyssey seemed WAY too big. I felt like Goldilocks when we got in the car, it was just right. :) We wanted to be able to have a car that will have the option to sit all 3 kids in the middle and also have the ability to put DD1 in another row if necessary.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC