Attending a CPST course ?? Maybe?

ceruti82

Well, after over a year of trying to find a CPST course near me, I just saw last night that there will be a certification course next month RIGHT IN MY TOWN!:D

The only thing is it is listed as a CONTROLLED course:confused:... I am going to call the instructor today, and hopefully get it if there is space available. It is held at the PD, so I am going to assume it is intended for local Fire, Police, etc to become certified..

Any idea if this will REALLY work? Anything you think I should metion to make her want me in the class :eek:
I figure some of my background would give me a pull~ over 10 years in child care field, mom, already very carseat knowledgable... and really, a passion to want to do this! not just a cop who has to do it for work, ya know.. i hope she's open to it!!
I have read that some were able to get into a controlled course by asking, but i really hope so this time!

For the record, I live in Mass, which a friend of mine told me that mass was kind of in a freeze for new certifications right now. (For whatever reason that may be.)

ADS

pastrygirl

Definitely e-mail!!! I'm in MA, too, and got into a controlled course by e-mailing/calling the instructor. He was happy to let me in as long as he knew I was serious and would actually DO something with my certification.

I haven't heard of a certification freeze in the state...

Maybe we can get a checkpoint started up at BRU??? I've been dying to start one and have offered a few times. They've never taken me up on it.

ceruti82

So, I filled out all the steps to get in, now the waiting game.. i really hope this works out!!
She said all of mass is controlled, because there is a wait list, and this is the best way to go about who gets in.

pastrygirl~ Where in MA are you ?
I would love to do something like that!

I'm in Metrowest.

Maedze

I haven't heard of a certification freeze here either? We just ran a new tech class out here a few months back. Not controlled, either.

pastrygirl

So, I filled out all the steps to get in, now the waiting game.. i really hope this works out!!
She said all of mass is controlled, because there is a wait list, and this is the best way to go about who gets in.

pastrygirl~ Where in MA are you ?
I would love to do something like that!

I'm in Metrowest.
Good luck!

I'm in central MA, about half an hour from Framingham. I go there for serious shopping. ;)

Pixels

Hee, me too.

What? You're much further than half an hour. :confused: Or do you mean that you go to Framingham for shopping?

I'm just north of Worcester. My brother lives a couple of miles from Pastrygirl and works in Natick.

bethng

I got into a controlled class no problem. Just emailed the instructor and she said "sure!"

Maedze

What? You're much further than half an hour. :confused: Or do you mean that you go to Framingham for shopping?

I'm just north of Worcester. My brother lives a couple of miles from Pastrygirl and works in Natick.

No, no, the serious shopping. It's over an hour even down the pike from here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC