Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

cleaning the harness

I have 2 seats that are extras that I was keeping in the basement because I have no where else to put them. The harnesses got mildew all over them. is there anyway to clean them or arethey a total loss?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: cleaning the harness

Total loss in my opinion (Been there done that)... you truly cannot clean them properly (mild wipe down with water) and get all of that mildew out of them. I would be concerned not only with the structural integrity of the webbing, but also the allergen aspect of it

ETA: Depending on how the foam under the covers look, I might be inclined to order all new harnesses, LATCH and top tether straps if possible (and cost effective) and wash the covers...

Re: cleaning the harness

what about steam cleaning