Registration cards. Why don't they...

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
send out a notice to all who have registered their seats when the seat is about to expire? A great way to maybe get people to realize that their seat is expiring (since so many have no clue) and probably a great way for the car seat manufacturers to maybe get someone to buy a new seat, hopefully from them.

Just a thought.

ADS

kittykate

Because in the 6-10 years that have elapsed since the seat was registered most people will:

A) have given away, sold or trashed the seat

or

B) have different contact info (new phone, different e-mail, new address...)

I think that very few of the notices would actually reach people that still have the seat.

I also think its a bad idea in general because it would just further the conspiracy theory that seats only expire so that the car seat companies can make you buy a new one. :twocents:

a_js

I think it's a great idea. Many families have more than a few kids and use the oldest's infant seat for all of them.

Irishmama

I think it's a good idea, but I'm guessing it's would cost more for the company than would generate in sales.

Although if it's anything like what we experienced with the Triumph recall, it wouldn't get to people anyways. :thumbsdown: The only reason I knew about it was I saw it on here there was a recall for the EPS foam, and then not only did I have to call Evenflo and insist with the CR person that there was indeed a recall, I then had to argue with her that both my seats were involved in the recall. I had an August and November of 2005, and she insisted that the November was wasn't part of the recall. It's the exact same seat! Both seats had the foam accessible to a child. She finally gave in and sent me the covers just to get me to go away, I think. ;) Big help that was though, the covers were only for the bottom part of the EPS foam, the kid could still get to the foam at the top. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC