I need to find a teether for a 2007 evenflo triumph yellow knobs

kayleesmom

We were given a 2007 evenflo triumph manufactured in may 2007. The teether on back is missing and I am going to need this when i turn my son back around. Is there a way i can order a new one? thanks ladies. and what weight does it go to for rf. is it 30 lbs? this is the one that goes 40 ff.

ADS

ame0312

do you know the history of the seat? if not, you shouldn't use it... not sure how/why the tether was removed, but it shouldn't have been... call evenflo & see what they say, but if it was me, i wouldn't use the seat..

henrietta

Yes, I'd be concerned, too. There is never a reason to remove the tether, unless it's to replace it. I would really question whoever gave it to you--you need to know with 100% certainty that this seat was never in an accident and that the harness straps were not improperly washed or handled.

If all turns out okay, yes, you can order a new tether strap from Evenflo. You are correct--the seat you have goes to only 30 lbs rearfacing (and it's also really, really short for rearfacing use). It's almost always outgrown by height rearfacing, and definitely not before kids are ready to be turned around.

Otherwise, it was our favorite seat!

hths

henrietta

nevaehsmommy

I will say I cut off a tether strap once. I could not figure out how to store it and it was getting in the way of me being able to put the diaper bag underneath the car seat. Looking back it seems strange that that was a solution to me but alas. So it does not mean the seat is unsafe to use. I would be more concerned about its history. Was it in an accident, dropped down a flight of stairs(that was me to) did they wash the harness straps...etc.

Maedze

(It's a tether, not a teether ;-) )

I, too, am concerned. It sounds like the seat has been altered in an unacceptable way. You are not supposed to remove the tether from the seat. How did you obtain this seat? I think the safest thing to do is throw the seat away and purchase a new one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC