It's all about the cup holders

NannyMom

Just wanted to share a story, that was the highlight of my weekend.

After some comments I made on my Facebook, I learned 2 children I knew (7 and 8) were not in boosters (just the seatbelt). Mom was very open to getting them into boosters, and Kmart's clearance (and some funding from an organization) made it possible :thumbsup:

I started with the 8 year old, checking him for the 5 step test. Mom told me to get as technical as I wanted, so I explained everything as we went. I put him in a backless, and re did the 5 steps. He started to cry, because his friends would make fun of him :( After Mom and I trying to reassure him, he stopped crying.

I moved on to 7yr old. He obviously didn't pass the 5 step either. So I opened up the new High back booster, and dumped it onto the ground. LOL, I proudly announced UH-OH, I needed some help :whistle: 8yr old jumped right in, and looked for the manual :thumbsup: He read the directions, and we all put the seat together.

Both boys now tried out their new seats. 8 yr old said he wished he had a High back too, LOL. But as they sat in their seats, they BOTH marveled at the cup holders. WOW, they had cup holders!! 8yr old was no longer concerned about his friends making fun of him, because he had CUP HOLDERS :thumbsup: :D

Last edited:
ADS

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Love it! I'm eyeing that new Harmony in camo. Glad you got them back into boosters.

A good friend of mine told me last week she was going to move her son (not quite 8) out of his booster to pass it to brother (who will be 4 in a month). She knows how I feel about this but I think I convinced her she can afford the Harmony to keep him in at least a NBB a while longer. He's a tiny thing too, probably 3-4 inches shorter than my 8yo who does NOT Pass the 5-step.

Joyofbirth

I love it. It's great that you got the boys to help you put it together. That was very thoughtful. My kids love cupholders too. They're the coolest things ever!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I always have the kids help. They love it! I had turbos with reversible covers for awhile. I let the child pick the side and they helped put it on.

Amazing what a cup holder can do, BTW.

sixmaybemore

Yep, cupholders are like magic alright!

With the bigger kids I've found that explaining what's going on TO them, not to their parents, works really well. They get on board really fast with that approach, IME. And definitely having them help.

NannyMom

Yep, cupholders are like magic alright!

With the bigger kids I've found that explaining what's going on TO them, not to their parents, works really well. They get on board really fast with that approach, IME. And definitely having them help.

I meant to say I explained everything to 8yr as we went, he likes descriptive, technical info. :thumbsup:

vonfirmath

I must say, now that DS is FF, and one of our car seats has a cupholder, I'm beginning to lament that the other two do NOT.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC