Who here would recommend the...

momma2kda

Evenflo Titan Elite? I know someone around here(first person actually) who is interested in ERF but does not have much money at all and kmart has one Evenflo Titan Elite and one Avenue(in pink she has a boy) left on sale...Would you recommend the Titan? Right now her 15 month old is FF in a OHS evenflo scout?(I think that the name) from 1994......So please someone make a good recommendation and fast! Would like to help her out after work before she picks up her son from the baby sitter..She never knew it was unsafe and is freaking out. It's kinda fun to see because most people don't care. That is bad I know...

EDIT: I am watching her son today. But prefer not to send my car seat with her because she has a 5 year old too who is bad as h e double l and I mean that with all kindness but he had cut up his brothers car seat cover on his seat now and last time I watched him he made the BIGGEST mess I had ever seen in a car out of a bottle...

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
It's got a short shell so it's not super for ERFing, but it's a fine seat within its limitations. A pink Avenue would be a better choice and won't wither his boy parts.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
The titan isn't a bad seat, it just doesn't last as long as others because it has a short harness height. Is there anywhere you can pick up a Scenera instead? The Scenera will last longer, if not it is still WAY better than what he is in now!

momma2kda

It's got a short shell so it's not super for ERFing, but it's a fine seat within its limitations. A pink Avenue would be a better choice and won't wither his boy parts.

I tried that. The avenue has a very nice shell for height around here with our options. But she is saying absolutely not. I'm going to try and show her this board though when she gets here. Maybe seeing it from a tech will change her mind!

momma2kda

The titan isn't a bad seat, it just doesn't last as long as others because it has a short harness height. Is there anywhere you can pick up a Scenera instead? The Scenera will last longer, if not it is still WAY better than what he is in now!

The scenera around here is CRAZY priced!!!! Probably because it is the most bought seat. They were $64.99 at kmart this morning!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
the scenera is going to last longer than that titan, and be just as cheap. The avenue would be the best option, but if she wont consider it, the scenera is the next best, then the titan. BUT..it depends on her goals. Will it get a kid to 3 or 4 RFing, no, not most kids. But if her goal is only say.... 2 years RFing, it would work, unless the kid is ginormous. What is the 5 yo in?

SavsMom

I'll trade covers with her - I got the Oak Point cover and my daughter would love a pink one. We are gonna use it as a back-up/travel seat so I can wait.

momma2kda

We're going to look at the Sceneras at walmart and if they are crazy priced too then she just might take you up on the trade offer!

mominabigtruck

I would totally recommend it. It's not all that and a bag of chips but for less then $100 it's not horrible at all. But then I don't recommend the scenera, so to me the titan and the uptown at big lots is about as good as it gets for less then $100 if you're just going to go out and buy a seat.:twocents:

skitle1802

I love our titan, I just put my youngest back in ours because it fit in the center, 3rd row of our Suburban with a boosters on both sides. She is 21 months, 26lbs and on the 2nd from bottom slot (rf).

Do you have any Targets? They have the 40RF Scenera for $54.99

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I love my Titan. It will be outgrown sooner than some but her 15mo should still fit fine (unless he's super huge) RF for a while. My 14mo is in my Titan and still has about 2" of room before it's outgrown RF (and his torso is 12"). That should hopefully get us another year and honestly, she *could* turn him FF in it at that time. Or, it would get her another year or so and then she could hopefully afford a different seat.

The Titan has a LOT more padding than the Scenera plus EPS foam. A trade in covers would be a great idea for the Avenue too.

momma2kda

Ok so she decided on the Titan when she saw it she decided right then that no other would be good enough...(I know looks aren't everything. and Neither are name brands but that is what she decided on.) But he looks good in it with lots of shell above his head! He's tiny though. About the size of my 13 month old but a little smaller! I say he hits weight before he does height!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC