played at BRU & Target lots of pics

mommykat116

This is my jst turned one year old ds... we were at target and decided to play with the carseats... We eventually need to get him a new carseat as well and still not sure which one to get... we had fun trying the seats out.
This is him in the complete air lx:

My jst turned one year old ds in a complete air...

d7951467.jpg

a3e92970.jpg

The britax marathon and blvd:
3ffb35cd.jpg

da144553.jpg
b1952c15.jpg

Couldn't find any efta or radians =(

If any one has any feedback on convertibles, i'd love to hear it.

ADS

maddysmomma

When my son was 6 months old, he outgrew his infant carrier. He was 21lbs & 28 inches. We bought a Britax Marathon in 2008 and I absolutely loved the seat. His head didn't slump when he slept, it fit RFing in my Explorer.. it was just an overall really high quality seat. He is now almost 3 y/o, 34lbs, & 36 inches and is still very comfortable. He's on the third notch from the bottom. I didn't know about Extended RFing back then, so technically he could still be RFing..

We plan to pass this seat onto my daughter when she needs to be out of Graco Snugride 35 and purchase my son a Britax Frontier85. I absolutely love Britax, and although I haven't dealt with many other seats I just can't say enough about them. It's also nice that on the website you can pretty much replace any part of the seat except for the shell.

Goodluck :eek:

mommykat116

Thanks... he's in a keyfit 30 and is abt to outgrow it both soon by height and weight.
He's 26 lbs and his head is almost less than two inches from top. I jst bought my dd the frontier but she owned a graco comfort sport which I HATE! So would love to invest in a convertible that i'd love. Thanks once again. If anyone has convertibles that they love pls let me know and I'll check them out...

Cryssy Jane

look at all that growing room in the complete air (by the way it's not the lx model). That should be a contender in my opinion. I have two and they are easy to use and have great longevity.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
The pictures say it all, look how much room he has in the CA compared to the MA and BLVD!!!! Makes me wish I still had my CA

DahliaRW

For a child that heavy already I'd definitely get a 40lb rfing seat. And probably the CA because he seems tall. The radian is another good tall 40-45lb rfing seat, if it works in your vehicle. The My Ride is another option, but the growing room will be similar to the MA or Blvd.

essnce629

Your DS fits in the seats like my DS2 did, although my DS has a slightly longer torso I think. We do own a RA50 that we got during the Target clearance for $48, but his main seat is a TFP. He has tons more growing room in the TRP than the RA50 (same as MA and BV). The only seats I considered were the CA, TFP, and Radian XTSL. I was able to try out the TFP IRL at USA Baby. I also tried out the Radian at USA Baby and The Right Start. The Britax seats were never a contender since there was so much less growing room and DS1 outgrew his BV by height before 5 years old and DS2 seems like he's going to be taller than him. Here's some pics:

Outgrown Keyfit 30 at 9 1/2 months old
IMG_0236-2.jpg

1 inch above head
IMG_0237-1.jpg

True Fit Premier at 9 1/2 months old
IMG_0243-3.jpg

Lots of growing room
IMG_0245-1.jpg

Roundabout 50 at 12 months old
IMG_0784-1.jpg

Roundabout 50 at almost 14 months old and installed in the car
IMG_0980.jpg

mommykat116

Well thanks for all the responses... I did not see the myride at target yesterday. Going to buybuybaby today to play with more carseats. Hopefully I'll see the radian, myride, and TFP there.

mommykat116

Your DS fits in the seats like my DS2 did, although my DS has a slightly longer torso I think. We do own a RA50 that we got during the Target clearance for $48, but his main seat is a TFP. He has tons more growing room in the TRP than the RA50 (same as MA and BV). The only seats I considered were the CA, TFP, and Radian XTSL. I was able to try out the TFP IRL at USA Baby. I also tried out the Radian at USA Baby and The Right Start. The Britax seats were never a contender since there was so much less growing room and DS1 outgrew his BV by height before 5 years old and DS2 seems like he's going to be taller than him. Here's some pics:

Outgrown Keyfit 30 at 9 1/2 months old
IMG_0236-2.jpg

Cute kiddo! I realize that my ds is very close to outgrowing the keyfit 30! I've been trying to figure out which seat to get him for a while now... before his first bday... now that he's almost 13 months its def time. I guess I'll use his sisters graco comfortsport today since I'm getting worried he's too big for the KF 30. I hate the graco CS. Ugh!

Will post the pics of our buy buy baby run today!

mommykat116

How does the CA fit in the car? That was the first time I put ds in a big boy car seat and I never noticed how tall he is... his torso is almost as long as my jst turned 4 yr old...

essnce629

I didn't try out the CA in my car, but I wanted to say that the TFP, CA, and Radian all had about the same amount of growing room for DS2. My DS1 who was 6 1/2 at the time that we tried out all the seats was pretty much even with the top slots in all three seats, while he outgrew his Britax BV heightwise a few months before he turned 5.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC