I get one more seat

glockchick

I still need a seat for dh's car.

Should I be a good, frugal girl and get a GN for Kaleigh since she'll be 4 the end of this month, or get her a Radian so I can at least rf her in dh's car and so I can play with the seat. :eek:

Dh drives a 2005 GMC Envoy with LATCH and all the fancy stuff so a RN should fit just fine in there. ;)

ADS

Jonah Baby

I think it depends what is realistically more in the budget.
I'd find it always preferrable to RF at that age, but the Nautilus is a perfectly safe and acceptable option. If a Radian won't stretch the budget, why not? It has high harnessing time in a nice, slim package. Either way you have children to pass it down to, correct? Or was she your last? I forgot to look...
If she is the last child, I'd do the Nauti, however.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I think it's fine to FF a 4yo (or even a 3y11mo), but it's more important to get a seat that fits in all cars.

Mommy2Marcus

I would go for the Nautilus. For mostly the reason that it is more practical, fits both cars & is a longer lasting seat. You never know what might happen that you might need to move it to your car. Also I love my Nautilus, so that plays a part in it to!

glockchick

Yeah, I know that would be the responsible thing to do. ;)

I just really want a RN for reasons unknown I guess. DS will be in dh's car for another 3-4 years so he'll need a seat there that long anyway. And after that we'd probably just use whatever seat(s) were in dh's truck as back up.

Both sets of grandparents have latch so a RN should work in their vehicles too. :whistle:

See me trying to justify it? :rolleyes:

AtTheSouthDam

Both sets of grandparents have latch so a RN should work in their vehicles too. :whistle:

See me trying to justify it? :rolleyes:

Just because a car has LATCH does not mean the RN will work. I cannot get a solid install using LATCH in the 3rd row of my van yet I can get an awesome install with the seat belt in my mother's Durango (the vehicle that I actually purchased the original RN for. Getting a tether anchor in it just led to a lot of run around.)

I think it's fine to FF a 4yo (or even a 3y11mo), but it's more important to get a seat that fits in all cars.

If that was the case no one would have a RN. If she has a seat that fits her car and the RN fits her DH's why not?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC