glockchick

6 year old behind the driver in old PW
2 year old rfing in Scenera in middle
9 year old in olli in flip down seat

4 year old in MA center 3rd row
big boys outboard on 3rd row

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

Is Abigail's belt position ok or is she too far over?

Also, do Kaleigh's shoulders looks crammed in? She didn't say anything and I didn't wanna ask for fear of giving her the idea. :whistle:

Compare the 3rd row space to this...
IMG_0066.jpg

And sleeping position to this.
IMG_0065.jpg

ADS

babyherder

I would teach Abigal to lean to the other side when she sleeps so she leans into the belt instead of away from it

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
What slot is Kaleigh on, in the MA? It's hard to tell, but looks like she has oodles of room?

glockchick

She does. :eek: She's on the 2nd to top slot. Almost even but not quite.

Her BLVD used to be there and she seemed at the top of it, but I guess it could have just been the cover slipping. When I had both the MA and BLVD naked, I measured the slot height and they're exactly the same so I don't know what I was seeing. :confused:

Abi moves in her sleep so sometimes she goes that way and sometimes the other. I'm getting her a Nauti for my car so out of position sleeping won't be an issue any more. :thumbsup:

arly1983

I personally would switch Kaleigh back into the boulevard or even give the boulevard to a RFer and let her have the MA. The britax convertables are soooooo much better to sit next to and your boys look broader than I am. Then Abigail will have a FR85 in both cars.

glockchick

Abigail doesn't ride with dh often. When she does, it's in her PW. It's the little two that split time with both of us due to day care. :)

The FRs are just too wide. They fit, but barely. If next to CJ's seat, I have a hard time getting the seat next to his to slide foward allowing access to the 3rd row. It's so hard I'm afraid I'd damage both the car seat and the vehicle seat doing it. I have to lean all my weight against CJ's seat while pulling the vehicle seat forward. So she's getting a GN for my car.

The first set of pictures is how it is now.

I still need one more seat for dh's car (FR's are going). I can't decided if I want to get another GN (the more economical choice), or a RN so I can rf Kaleigh in his car. His car is newer and has latch and I bet it would fit nicely in his car. :whistle:

mydogteaser

I have nothing to say about the car seats, but do want to say that not only is it adorable that both of your girls are sleeping, but also that they are sleeping in the exact same position.

MoreLatte

Just curious, is the Frontier too wide to go where the Parkway is? I know you said your DD wanted to be harnessed still. I think she looks fine in the Parkway, though.

glockchick

It fits there, but makes it very difficult to slide the seat to allow access to the 3rd row. It would be fine if I didn't need the 3rd row.

Having the frontier on the side pushes Caleb's seat far enough to the side that I was worried that flipping the seat next to it would damage either his car seat, the vehicle seat, or both. It was that hard.

melniemi

I'm surprised you can't fit a Fr/rf Ma/booster in your middle row. I have a Chevy Venture and can fit it. The booster seat slides easily forward:confused: When dd2 goes ffing, this will be my setup. But I only have 2 in the third row, thankfully, as it is a pitb to fit 3 across.

glockchick

I know. You'd think a suburban would have more room width wise, huh? :rolleyes:

I think I have a pic somewhere. Let me look.

Ok not the best pic, but this is where I run into trouble folding the seat. It takes a surprising amount of force to get it past this point. Setting it back up requires me pushing the lip of the MA in with all my weight to allow the vehicle seat to squeeze next to the MA, and I do mean squeeze.

IMG_0290.jpg

This one shows how close the base of the MA has to be to the edge of the vehicle seat when the FR is installed.
IMG_0288.jpg

Last edited:

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have a FR85 and a MA in my 2nd row and have no problem getting the access seat up/down. Did you install the middle seat first? To make sure you could move the seat? Then install the outboard one. That's what I do and it works beautifully. I did the same thing in my '97, though I didn't have a FR in the mix. If you put the middle seat in first, it shouldn't make any difference.

But yeah, if she's only on the 3rd slot in the MA, she's got TONS of grow room. I would guess it to last at least another 2yrs baring some bizarre growth spurt, if not longer.

glockchick

Not sure about overall dimensions, but the base sure is. The MA works because it's up off the seat and out from the back of the seat some. There's room for people to sit next to it because they can be under and behind it if that makes any sense.

Irishmama

She does. :eek: She's on the 2nd to top slot. Almost even but not quite.

Her BLVD used to be there and she seemed at the top of it, but I guess it could have just been the cover slipping. When I had both the MA and BLVD naked, I measured the slot height and they're exactly the same so I don't know what I was seeing. :confused:

Abi moves in her sleep so sometimes she goes that way and sometimes the other. I'm getting her a Nauti for my car so out of position sleeping won't be an issue any more. :thumbsup:

Holy cow, she's got a lot of room! MY 2.5 year old is even with the second to top slots! :eek:

sixmaybemore

Ok not the best pic, but this is where I run into trouble folding the seat. It takes a surprising amount of force to get it past this point.

Mine is an '04, and I run into the same problem. I had a FR85 there (and before that, a Safeguard) and it smacks into it every time. On the FR85 that stupid little clip catches, too, so that causes a really big problem. Still haven't come up with the best way to put everyone in there, either.

glockchick

I found one that shows how close the FR is to the edge. Any further and the door hits it. It would work if the cup holder didn't poke out like it does.
IMG_0012-1.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC