Home electronics/technology recs

LuvBug

Do or have any of you used cable phone? If so what was your experience? and what brand?

Do any of you have recs for DVD/VHS recorders and flat panel wall mounting 17" TVs(possibly 19", Im really looking for small but visible)?

TIA!

Last edited:
ADS

Dillipop

Do or have any of you used cable phone? If so what was your experience?

Do any of you have recs for DVD/VHS recorders and flat panel wall mounting 17" TVs(possibly 19", Im really looking for small but visible)?

TIA!

By cable, do you mean digital telephone provided by the cable company? If so, we have had it for 2+ years and have had a good experience. No worse than a regular phone, I think. Plus, we get a discount because we have cable and internet through them.

If that's not what you meant, then I can be of no help.

About the other things, we have a 10 year old tv in the living room, 8 year old tv in the bedroom and our vcrs are from the same time frame, so I can be of no help there, either.

Hope you get the info you need:)

LuvBug

By cable, do you mean digital telephone provided by the cable company? If so, we have had it for 2+ years and have had a good experience. No worse than a regular phone, I think. Plus, we get a discount because we have cable and internet through them.

If that's not what you meant, then I can be of no help.

Yes I meant the one provided over the internet, like vonage or through the internet provider... over a cable line. My mom is looking at cableone phone because we have cable TV and cable internet lol! I dont trust them...
What brand do you use?

About the other things, we have a 10 year old tv in the living room, 8 year old tv in the bedroom and our vcrs are from the same time frame, so I can be of no help there, either.

Hope you get the info you need:)

Oh I know! We are about the same with our TVs and VCRs which is why I need help!

Dillipop

Yes I meant the one provided over the internet, like vonage or through the internet provider... over a cable line. My mom is looking at cableone phone because we have cable TV and cable internet lol! I dont trust them...
What brand do you use?

Oh I know! We are about the same with our TVs and VCRs which is why I need help!

Sorry, I don't use internet phone. I just have a digital phone that is run by the cable company. So I have 1 bill, but it's not a cable/internet phone. Make sense? So, I really can't help with anything.

ETA- We have Cox cable, internet, phone if that helps.

TheRealMacGyver

I also use digital phone through my cable provider, it's great. I pay $49. per month free long distance anywhere in US. I have heard more bad about Vonage than good, but who's to say. I prefer the local cable company because I can drive there and chew someone out if I get mad:D

I have a DVD recorder, I think it is Magnavox, bought at Sam's club for around $80. It works, that's about all I can say about it! As for flat panel, I have read some articles that say the LCD is outperforming the plasma. LCD flat panels are considerably cheaper than plasma, so I would probably go that route. As for the wall mount, they are pretty straight forward, just have to find the wall studs to secure it properly. A 19" LCD is not going to be super heavy. It's really a question of how much you want to spend, they vary quite a bit. I think I saw a 15" LCD the other day for about $240.

skaterbabs

Cameron said to look for the Panasonic DVD/VCR recorder, he doesn't remember the exact model number, but that that brand has a good one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC