Not fair!

ADS

mydogteaser

It always looks weird to me to see seats without chest clips. I know that Europe doesn't require them, but it still looks odd. Speaking of that, why are the required in the U.S.? I have read that if the harness is properly tightened, the chest clip doesn't really matter and that they are designed to break open in a crash. So many parents put them down on the belly and I wonder if it would just be easier to not have them at all.

wavegal

The Graco infant seat covers are almost identical to the teutonia infant seats, thats interesting!

L

LuciaBella

wow, I would totally replace the comfort sport with the "junior mini!"

mydogteaser: I think they don't have chest clips because most of the seats have anti slip grabbers for the shoulder strap covers. The multi tech has little rubber grips so that they don't fall off. Also, the distance between the straps is less, so they won't fall off. It could also be a tested thing, not sure though.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Graco infant seat covers are almost identical to the teutonia infant seats, thats interesting!

Not really. They're the same company. A Teutonia 32 is a Snugride 32.

It always looks weird to me to see seats without chest clips. I know that Europe doesn't require them, but it still looks odd. Speaking of that, why are the required in the U.S.? I have read that if the harness is properly tightened, the chest clip doesn't really matter and that they are designed to break open in a crash. So many parents put them down on the belly and I wonder if it would just be easier to not have them at all.

We have them because we don't have grippy shoulder pads, and we have less education. They don't have them because they require one button release in case of emergency.

Wendy

AtTheSouthDam

Am I looking at different colour swatches than everyone else? I see grey/black, grey/black and cream/black.

I see gray/black with red piping, cream/black and navy/light blue.

I really like the blue, I like the clean lines and the fabric looks different, smooth nut plush or meshy. Honestly, I like how most of the European seats have solids color but vibrant. Prints are okay but you can get a lot of pop by putting lime green and yellow together, you know?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I see gray/black with red piping, cream/black and navy/light blue.
Ah you're right that one is navy and not black. But it still looks grey to me rather than light blue, so navy/grey. They all seem meh to me and not a lot different than what you get in NA. :shrug-shoulders:

AtTheSouthDam

Ah you're right that one is navy and not black. But it still looks grey to me rather than light blue, so navy/grey. They all seem meh to me and not a lot different than what you get in NA. :shrug-shoulders:

Eh, I'm just tired of the choices of gray or black or print. I originally ended up there because of the lure of an orange and gray YS :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC