This is why AOEs are bad

ADS

mominabigtruck

She got snippy with me after I told her to read her manual so I sent her the link from dorel's website that clearly states 40lb harnessing so hopefully she listens.:(

LuvBug

yeah my mom thought I was psycho when she walked down the aisle at the new target and thought the cargos and dorels went to 80 and 100lbs in the harness. She argued with me about the regent and why she didnt understand why it was so hard for me to find a solution for her van(the old one).

broken4u05

But they write it that way so people will buy them than later when reading the manuel (if they do) they read it is only used to 40 pounds.

TheRealMacGyver

Just to clarify for me, I'm assuming what you guys are saying with this particular seat is that it harnesses to 40 lbs, but can go to 65 lbs as a booster with shoulder/lap belt-is that right? And since the box says to 65 lbs, one would assume that is harnessed?

So, if that is correct, I have to ask about the MA - is it harness to 65 lbs? I hope so, because that's what I thought, and besides it's not a booster as far as I know, so it must be.

mominabigtruck

Just to clarify for me, I'm assuming what you guys are saying with this particular seat is that it harnesses to 40 lbs, but can go to 65 lbs as a booster with shoulder/lap belt-is that right? And since the box says to 65 lbs, one would assume that is harnessed?

So, if that is correct, I have to ask about the MA - is it harness to 65 lbs? I hope so, because that's what I thought, and besides it's not a booster as far as I know, so it must be.

No, that particular seat harnesses to 40 and then is a bpb to 80lbs. Yes the ma definitely harness to 65 lbs and doesn't covert to a booster. I have no idea where she got the 65lbs from and it most certainly doesn't say that in her manual. She probably just got snippy because I made her look like an idiot when really I was just trying to help her and whoever she sold her seat too.

arly1983

Thats the problem with "convertable seats" It would be nice if you had a seat that was 35 lbs Rear-facing only, then you go to your forward facing only say 30 lbs -80 lbs, then booster only for say 55 lbs -100 lbs. Then you would have to know you were misusing a seat to misuse a seat. Thats just my personal idea, I know there are some problems with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC