Help me choose a convertible for new baby! Please

a_js

I want to RF as long as possible. Radian is not an option. We have one, I sprained my wrist and said a bunch of bad words while fighting with it today. Its days at my house are numbered.

DS#1 was a moose and 35 pounds at 20 months. I want to RF newbaby longer than 20 months, obviously. I know there's no way to predict how big any baby will be, but to be on the safe side I'm thinking a 40 pound limit RF would be a good idea. My only two options then are the EFTA 65 and My Ride 65.. right?

Ideas, thoughts, etc. are welcome. :)

ADS

Jan06twinmom

Triumph 65, My Ride, Complete Air and the new Cosco Scenera with a 40lb rf limit.

I'm wondering if you could work with a CPST to get the Radian installed in your vehicle. I think the 45lb rf limit would be worth it - if you are able to figure how it works in your vehicle.

Melanie

a_js

My Radian has a 40 lb limit for RF, I think. RE the install, I've got a thread up in 'install questions' if anyone wants to look, but I've tried a few different ways to get it to work and I fear it is hopeless.

I hadn't thought of the CA--will check it out. Thanks! :)

Momof4Girls

I see your baby isn't due until October....was your first child short and 35lbs, ro just an overall big kid?

Britax has new seats coming out with 40lbs RF limits, height overall seems to be questionable whether it's taller than the current Britax seats or not. Plus, the additional safe cell technology might be a significant improvement for a younger child FF than just the tether alone, if you still can't get much past 2. When did your older child hit 40lbs?

a_js

I see your baby isn't due until October....was your first child short and 35lbs, ro just an overall big kid?

Britax has new seats coming out with 40lbs RF limits, height overall seems to be questionable whether it's taller than the current Britax seats or not. Plus, the additional safe cell technology might be a significant improvement for a younger child FF than just the tether alone, if you still can't get much past 2. When did your older child hit 40lbs?

He was 35 lbs at 20 months but didn't reach 40 pounds until almost 4. He fit in our Marathon height-wise until 4, IIRC. As a very young child he was in the 90%'s for height and weight; he slowed down considerably and is now in the 50%'s. If not for the RF weight limit on the Marathon, I likely could have kept him RF in it (in terms of height) another year..

I know there's no guarantee his brother will grow as much or at the same rate, but if I don't get the 40-lb RF seat and end up needing it, I'm going to kick myself, kwim? :)

I'm going to look at the new Britax seats--thanks for the heads up!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC