SavsMom

PROS for the LE V6 Sienna and high trim levels
*Standard streaming bluetooth music
*Standard hands free phone capability
*Standard xm satellite radio with 90 day free trial
*Standard back up camera
*Standard drivers knee airbag
*First van to get 5 stars for rollover resistance
*Available Safety Connect (similar in some ways to OnStar)
*Available Auto Access Seat (LE and XLE models only) Auto Access Seat [/ame](LE and XLE models only)"]*Available [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq6_sxLHH0M"]Auto Access Seat [/ame](LE and XLE models only)
The Sienna is a great vehicle - I just wish they would add some top tethers. It will be interesting to see the 2011 Odyssey, especially since they are taking some cues from the 2011 Sienna (ie the dual view entertainment system etc). I will add that our reps from Toyota are keeping an eye on what the Odyssey has when it comes out, this may prompt them to make some changes of the Sienna for the 2012 model year.

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I know you wouldn't forget my reviews of the '11 Sienna ;): http://carseatblog.com/?p=6008 and http://carseatblog.com/?p=6038. It's been 4 months since I drove it, so the memory is quite fuzzy :rolleyes:, but I really liked the '11 Sienna as long as you don't need the LATCH and tether spots. Since you only have the 1 that's still harnessed, you're fine in that area.

I really wish the dash was curved more toward the driver. It doesn't make sense to have major controls facing . . . no one. I don't remember what the tail lights looked like. We're about to go out in a few minutes and I'll look around to see if I see one on the road.

I read the CR review of the Sienna and IIRC, they knocked it for being lackluster around corners and in handling in general. Also for being noisy and having fit and trim problems :confused:. Perhaps they bought a lemon. The model I had, a top of the line XLE Limited, handled well and was much quieter than my '05 Sienna. Everything was put together nicely with no fit issues that I recall. But we know how CR exaggerates :p.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
3-letters. O. M. G. Odyssey is the new Sienna in terms of hauling kids. I don't think anyone will be disappointed! First look in exactly 2 weeks!

I'm not feeling the quality of materials in certain areas of the Sienna. Just feels like some obvious cost cutting in areas. I remember not liking the feel of the dash among other areas. The raised plastic covering the tracks also bugs me, as does the feel of the leather (3rd row I think it was). Maybe the leather was cuz it wasn't cleaned? I dunno, but we checked out about 5 different ones and it was just weird how the leather felt different and sorta fake.

The double moonroof is kinda cool, but I dunno how useful it is. We have it on the Lexus. Don't really use it. The lounge chair is useless. If you use it, you pretty much lose access in the front (unless the driver is super short) and 3rd rows. That means, it can really only be used while stopped.

Conversely, that trash bag ring will be used every day and I can see pretty frequent use of the cooler.

I'm still waiting to see how it all feels in real life, but so far, unless AWD is an absolute must (vs FWD and snow tires), then I'm liking the Ody a lot more.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I am now allowed to mention that I was invited to preview the 2011 Odyssey at a press launch event. As with other media outlets, I have to wait just a bit longer to comment on the new minivan. Stay tuned to www.carseatblog.com where I intend to cover child safety seating first and other comments in a second part of a first look review. Then I should also be able to answer specifics here on the forum and perhaps get answers to questions even if I don't have the information handy.

BrookeSLP

I am now allowed to mention that I was invited to preview the 2011 Odyssey at a press launch event. As with other media outlets, I have to wait just a bit longer to comment on the new minivan. Stay tuned to www.carseatblog.com where I intend to cover child safety seating first and other comments in a second part of a first look review. Then I should also be able to answer specifics here on the forum and perhaps get answers to questions even if I don't have the information handy.

Can't wait to hear your opinion! This is high on our list to replace our '04 Odyssey. The other vehicle in consideration in a Expedition EL.

So, has everyone read Darren's review of the 2011 Oddy? I have, and am super excited to actually see one in person! I'm one of those "hesitators" as Honda has coined those folks who don't currently drive minvans because of perceived stigma, but might consider it....... I'm eyeing both the 11 Sienna... and soon the Oddy. We'll see...

Thoughts?:)

kalohabreeze

Is anyone else irked that you can't slide the capt chairs together? That was a MAJOR selling point for me as I have to ride in the back A LOT :confused:
makes the 2010 more viable. That and the loss of 3 inches of headroom.

Sienna's interior though feels cheaper compared to honda IMO

Honestly the difference's don't seem THAT different in the long run. More of a difference between years than models.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I didn't really pay attention to headroom, but it sure didn't seem much different than my 2006 Odyssey.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC