what would you get, and for which child

Lenae

DD is seven months old and 16 lbs, DS is 2 1/2 and 25 lbs. Both have short torsos, though I don't have current numbers right now. They're not big kiddos. I'll be handing down DD's baby bucket to my sister in a few months. I have two TF's and a MA currently, aside from the bucket. I need a seat for a '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Both the MA and TF install like a breeze in it. I originally bought the MA for DH's jeep, because it's got a Mossy Oak cover. But I just got a seconds Hannah MA cover thinking DS wouldn't be in the Jeep for a while. But to make a long story short, he will be. So, I need a new seat. It can be for either child. This may sound silly, but I like cute covers. DH doesn't want the hassel of install issues with radians, and the ones in my budget don't have cute covers either way. We'd like to keep it around $150, but anything under $200 is a contender. I like the looks of the CA's, but don't really need it to RF to 40 lbs. DH is on board with ERF, but by the time DS is 45 lbs, he'll probably be driving, lol. But really, I firmly believe that 35 lbs will get him to an age I'm comfortable FF him. I thought of finding the cheapest MA I could find, regardless of cover and put the Hannah cover on it, but I don't know. I could probably justify a CA, too. So what would you get?

ADS

mommyfrog

Another Marathon or if you like your TF, another one of those. I'm sure you'll be able to find a Marathon for cheap since they have the new ones coming out.

MissAllyLou

Another Marathon, and have MA's in one car, TF's in another. They both have tall enough shells to get your peanuts to safe FFing ages, and both have built-in lock offs. Find a cute MA ;-)

melniemi

I'd get the new Kathryn RA50 from Target. $159, super cute, you can use your Hannah cover on it as well :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC