How I store my car seats

mommyfrog

Feel free to add your collection too!! I keep mine on top of the kids' lockers. Sunshine Kids RadianXT, SK Monterey, Britax Regent, another Regent, Graco Turbo Booster, Graco Safe Seat 2, Graco Safe Seat 1. The Turbo is now expired and gone to the dump where they crush stuff in the big dumpsters right in front of you. Very cool for expired car seats!!
046.jpg

ADS

gsdguenter

wait, these are all of your extra seats? wow :eek: and your kids have lockers, cool :thumbsup:

we only have 2 extras and both are in the dining room we never use :rolleyes:

NannyMom

I need a better storage solution, my carseat closet is officially out of control. I'll be back in a minute with pics.

BodyGuard (not sure where my 2nd one is), Vivo, friend's Marathon, unknown history SS1 base, Avenue. Two boxes of carseat covers and parts.
View attachment 7802

2nd Bodyguard, hidden Vivo, hidden Nania infant seat, another SS1 base, Radian box
View attachment 7803

Another unknown history SS1 base, TB for donation, big bag of covers, and not in the pic is an expired Snug Ride.
View attachment 7804

This doesn't include my friend's Evenflo Embrace in my living room, The Nautilus in the den closet, a Titan in Sofi's room, a Titan in my room, and another box of covers in my closet, and 3 backless boosters unused in my trunk :rolleyes: HELP! I need storage solutions, I need to be bale to use that closet effectively.

Last edited:

Pixels

Start by getting rid of anything that's expired or unknown history. Purge covers and spare parts, starting by getting rid of anything that you don't have a seat for. Then I'd get rid of covers until you have no more than two per seat (one to wear, one to wash).

Right now all of my seats and bases are in vehicles, though none of them are where they really should be. My TrueFit is in DH's car. The ComfortSport that should be in the basement is in my car. The Radian65 that should be in DH's car is in Dad's truck. The naked RadianXT that should be in my Dad's truck is in the basement, and its cover and pads are somewhat scattered throughout the house. My BabyTrend FlexLoc and base are in my trunk. How does this happen? Not enough spares, which leads to grabbing the most convenient seat out of whatever vehicle is closest. Luckily DD fits in all but the BT, and all seats are compatible with all vehicles (except I really don't care for the Radian in my car).

NannyMom

Start by getting rid of anything that's expired or unknown history. Purge covers and spare parts, starting by getting rid of anything that you don't have a seat for. Then I'd get rid of covers until you have no more than two per seat (one to wear, one to wash).

The Body Guards expire the end of this year I think, I'll have to double check. I guess I should get rid of them. A and J didn't like the narrow headwings. J will use a Vivo when he can go back into a booster, and the other Vivo was A's, but she now 5-steps in my van. Maybe I should consider selling it, Sofi will only be 7 when it expires. The expired SR was for any carseat classes I might do (and I did do 1), but I now have the unknown history SS1 I could use. I've been trying to sell off my extra covers, but no one will buy them :( The Nania was given to me to give to a low income, car-less family, but then they never got back to me (I was contacted via a pregnancy center), and the donator said to keep it. The GNs will be used by Sofi, if she ever goes FF. The MA will go back to it's owner in a month or so, and the Evenflo Embrace is going away tomorrow. I forgot about the 2 CarGos in the Den closet too :eek:

emtb79

I have storage shelves in the basement for the daycare and the car seats are in plastic bags so they dont get dusty and sitting on the shelves neatly. There are 4 sitting the garage 2 are waiting for the trade in event that BRU does the other 2 get traded in and out on a daily basis from daycare van based upon who is here that day.

aeormsby

I'm impressed. The only 'extra' seat that we have (not permanently in a vehicle) is our Safeguard GO. It lives in it's bag in the closet with our suitcases. I guess I have a couple extra covers too, they are packed in plastic bags (like blankets come in) and are in the closet in the kids' room. Not impressive enough to bother taking pictures of.

Angela

I actually just did rearranging! :) I have one storage shelf in our basement that I'm 'allowed' for car seats. If I have more than that I need to get rid of something. :) I have an EFTA with an Avenue 'puzzled' on top of it. Next to it is a Signo laying on it's back with a soon to be expired, unknown history Evenflo Discovery on top of it (I use it for informational talks). All are now in garbage bags (after our cats learned how to get in the boxes and got cat hair all over the EFTA). Oh, I guess I have an extra TB, but that's either in one of my DH cars or in a garbage bag in the garage.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Feel free to add your collection too!! I keep mine on top of the kids' lockers. Sunshine Kids RadianXT, SK Monterey, Britax Regent, another Regent, Graco Turbo Booster, Graco Safe Seat 2, Graco Safe Seat 1. The Turbo is now expired and gone to the dump where they crush stuff in the big dumpsters right in front of you. Very cool for expired car seats!!
046.jpg

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I just had to show DH. Our spares are in a bedroom closet and coat closet.

I love your lockers. Our DD's have them. My dad built them last year after DD started preschool. My girls' love them.

I've always wanted a safe seat 2. :)

AtTheSouthDam

Mine are all stored properly buckled or fastened in our vehicles :p

That's right, I currently do not have any "spares". I'm not gonna get booted, right? ;) :p

disbugsmomma

Right now I have the SR in my basement, the TF is in my front seat (where my sister put it the other day) and the Como is in my living room, waiting for it's new clothing. Oh, and the Apex is in my IL's living room. So I don't currently have a seat installed in my car. :whistle:

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I have this great shelving unit in the garage. DH and I have a sort of unspoken rule that if I have more extras than can fit on the shelving, than I have too many. (Which is actually the case right now, since I was "full" before I won the Cybex X-Fix ... gotta at least get rid of the expired Latch Loc, which I'm going to give to an instructor friend the next time I see her.)

DSC02652-1.jpg

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Ooooh, I like your garage shelving. I have an extra metal shelf sitting outside. I'm gonna have to clean out the garage and put my extras on there to get them off the floor.

Right now, I have in my garage:
Nautilus,
TB
Parkway
Ambassador
back to a Big Kid (seat is in a car)
Scenera
5 Avenues, all NEW

And as soon as my cousin gets her baby (adoption, he's overdue now so any day) and goes back home, I'll have my SS1 back.

I also have a box but needs to be a bag of spare parts (harnesses, buckles, chest clips, covers, etc)

TerisBoys

I have the Vivo in my van, Speedway base in my hatch, Nauti on the porch, and back to the Speedway stacked on top of the Nauti.

Mom has a backless Big Kid that's usually in her third row or third row footwell if she folds the bench.

*sniffle* What do you do when your babies all outgrow their seats? J and W both 5-step easily, and Ryan will in the next year or so. It's bad enough that I keep the Speedway in the van 'just in case' (of what, I don't know).

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Mine are on a shelf system similar to Bookmama's, except that I maximized storage space by storing the seats headfirst - so, for example, my convertibles are positioned on their backs, with the top of the seat touching the wall and the seat bases sticking out. As an added bonus, on the top shelf, I can slide something narrow (ie, a backless booster, the back of a high back, or even a random Christmas gift) above the seats. :)

BabyKaykes

I've always wanted a safe seat 2. :)

ME TOO!!!! But I couldn't justify the expense on such an awesome seat because of it's non-RF nature and 40lb FF limit....I really wished they would have been able to up the weight limit.

Mine are also stored securely fastened into their respective vehicles.

Although, I DID just find out that DS's dad, got his car repo-d ::insert long string of obscenities:: with a GN in the back. He has NO IDEA where the seat is, as when he went to get his things out of the car, everything had been bagged up, with no car-seat in sight. I should fight, but I didn't buy the seat, and it wasn't my car. :whistle:

mommyfrog

Yeah, the SS2 isn't all that great. It doesn't rf and only ff to 40 pounds. But it does recline while installed so if they fall asleep you can lay them back more. And it's pretty reclined anyway. Kids used to rf really appreciate that if they have to be ff for a while. I only use it for a spare and I didn't buy it. It was given to me. The SS1 is my baby seat I'll use for my baby. The Turbo was the booster for my 7 year old when he went with my sister but since it was expiring I got the Monterey. The two Regents and the Radian are my kids' regular seats that we use in our van. We only have one vehicle right now and dh has to use it for work. It's a pain to reinstall everytime we go somewhere but I don't want to leave them in there to be squished by heavy flooring or get glue or something on them. Sometimes I leave a couple in my sister's van because I ride with her more often. I love the metal shelves. We have one still in a box that I was going to use for car seats but since we found these great lockers, I decided to use the top since they're close to the front door and all. I'm going to use the shelf in my sewing room.

pj2rc

I need to figure out somewhere to store. I have been keeping them in the basement. But i's gross and I went down and 1 has mildew/mold on the straps - so it is no longer any good. My garage isn't an option either and I don't have any spare closets.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC