Monterey pics

mommyfrog

Here's some Monterey pics. Ds is 7yrs 4mo, 52lbs, 48". Belt fit looks good to me. What do you think? He normally rides in a Regent, but he uses the booster to go places with my sister.
022.jpg

Dd is 5yrs 4mo, 46lbs, 45". She doesn't ride in this seat, but what do you think?
020.jpg

Dn is 5yrs 7mo, 46lbs, 44". Same thing, she doesn't ride in it, but what do you think?
019.jpg

Dd is 10 yrs 2mo, almost 4'9" and I think 95lbs. She doesn't use a booster anymore. These were just to show fit. She is too tall for the back.
023.jpg

Here she is using just the bottom with the seat belt adjusted all the way up on side of car.
024.jpg

And just using the seat belt adjusted all the way down on the side of the car.
026.jpg

ADS

Keeanh

I LOVE my Montereys. My 1st thought is that your 5yo niece's legs are too short. She seems to be sliding her bum forward a bit to bend her legs at the edge of the seat. But I know you said she doesn't use it anyways.

Could just be shadows, but it looks like the belt wasn't pulled tight on your 5-yo daughter, which could affect how the lap portion lies. I'm surprised at the shoulder belt fit on the younger ones. Your family must have wide shoulders!

I'm not a tech, so I'm not one to give an official "okay", but your son & 10-yo (with no-back, obviously) look fine to me.

mommyfrog

Yeah, her legs are a little bit shorter than my dd's and I made her scoot her bum back but somehow didn't get a pic. I think she would keep scooting forward and slouching like that if she rode in it. She has a Turbo as her spare seat she uses in her dad's truck and she fits really well in it.

I guess they must have square or wide shoulders although I never really thought so before. I keep seeing other kids with about the same stats as mine and they don't fit so well in the Monterey. And good eye. The lap belt was a little loose. You can see it kind of hanging there on the side. I would of course tighten it if she actually used the seat. But even though she begs me, I won't let her. She's my wild child and I know she wouldn't sit still for more than a couple of minutes. :p

mommyfrog

I finally remembered to measure their shoulders. My 7 year old's are 12 inches across and the two girls are 11 inches. I'm not sure if that's wide, but there you go!!

Cryssy Jane

I'm sure someone else will chime in, but I'm really not a fan of the just seatbelt fit on your 10 year old. The backless booster is a better fit to my eye, but still looks like it's coming across her chest at a weird angle, and positions the lap belt better on her hips.

I agree with the niece and bottom scooting...

The fit on your DS looks good to me, low on the lap, shoulder belt across the chest and centered on the shoulder. It looks about the same on your YDD as well for the above reasons.

I'm not the best at booster belt fit though, so I'm sure someone with more experience will pop in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC