stoller issues?

CAEKWILSON

I have stroller fever....I want a stroller that is like an umbrella but better, i dont want a 10 dollar walmart stroller...any ideas, my dd is about 30 pounds and just turned 2....also i have a a baby trend stoller for sale it is a sit and stand, it is still in great shape i have only used it maybe 4 times, i paid 120 for it, make an offer, it comes with a bar to hold a childs infant car seat, and a tray for the older children who sit in the front, and bigger children can sit behind or stand and hold on to the side bars, has a parent tray and a big basket underneath!

i want to get my stroller tomorrow, so i need a store like babies r us, toysrus, target, walmart?

thanks

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
For a decent umbrella stroller, check out the Maclaren ones. I have a Techno XT, and I love it. Pricey tho.

My eldest ds still sits in it periodically, and he's 44 lbs - it is still super easy to move, and the handles are at a very nice height, and it has recline options, a decent canopy, and a small basket. I wish for a bigger basket, and a snack tray - but I just bought a Peg Perego Venezia to satisfy that desire. LOL

arly1983

I was going to say mcclaren triumph. Its got all the good things that an umbrella has but with a lot of NICE features and great stearing and a smooth ride. But its not something you could go out and get tomorrow unless your toys or babies r us carries it. Albeebaby, babyunivers, etc carries it online. I got last years pattern on ebay really cheap.

albee-baby_1940_35857772.gif

lovinwaves

Wow, great budget there!! I could have some fun with that! LOL! There are sooo many options for $300 under... There are some pretty neat looking strollers if you are interested in those, or are you just wanting a plain umbrella, no frills kind of thing?

Anyways, if you are willing to wait a few days I would order online that way you get free shipping, no sales tax, possibly better pricing, and obviously a lot more choices.

I just bought the Rock Star Baby Candy, and LOVE IT much more than my Maclaren. And for $99-$139 you can't beat the price. I purchased it from www.babyonthegostl.com. Michelle(the owner) is AWESOME!!

The Maclarens are awesome also, but are over priced IMO, and tend to be tippy if you are a heavy shopper, LOL ;)

LuvBug

do you have a babies R us nearby? they carry a good selection of top line umbrellas you could play with.(unless each store is different and yours has nothing, lol!).

I REALLY love our Mac!

What exactly do you want out of the stroller and how long do you think you want to use it? My problem finding the correct stroller for us is that DS is 3.5yo and I still plan on using a stroller with him until he just no longer fits. He is the size of a 4.5-5yo so this is very difficult. I wanted an umbrella fold that was lightweight and compact- and tall enough for me, but with a big/deep/wide/tall sitting area for DS(he has a long torso ;) ). After extensive research I decided on the maclaren vogue(now the techno classic) and was NOT dissapointed! I played with other ones but none compared in size to the vogue(though I never found a tencho in person to try).
So Id say depending on what exactly you want and how long and/or big your child is, would be how to determine.

You've got a great budget! Mine was only $100 lol I was lucky to find a like new vogue for that(on strollerswap).

gwenvet

Just as good as the Maclarens (I think) and a lot cheaper is the Inglesina Swift. I got the Maclaren double because I found it for less on ebay, but wish I had gotten the Inglesina double instead. We have the single and I can collapse it with one hand and toss it in the trunk without any strain while holdind DS at the same time. Nice and sturdy without the $$$$.

arly1983

I have an inglesina double, gathering dust, that I hate. I also have a ted and phils with doubles kit that I love. It is kinda hard to find one you KNOW you will like. I thought I would love the inglesina twin swift but I didn;t

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
We have the Pink Fleur Mac Quest Arly posted above and really like it. I bought it NIB from a gray market seller on eBay last fall (no manufacturer's warranty but the price was right at the time). The local BRU carried the same Pink Fleur Quest but wanted way more $$$. Closeout prices are much better now on past year's models with the warranty.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I have a Chicco C1 with a 50 pound limit. But you'd need to order it. I got mine from chit-chatbaby.com

Susan

LEAW

we have a chicco london ($70 at target) that is GREAT for light duty - malls, nice sidewalks, etc. and sturdy, and holds a lot of stuff... including our car seat for travel.

that being said,w e now live in a city where i need a good urban stroller, we just got the P&T with double kit, though I haven't gotten to test drive it in the neihgborhood yet.

in hindsight I think i might have gone for the maclaren, but i wasn't willing to spend that much $ to carry gear since dd was always in a sling/pack.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC