another Frontier vs ProSport question

agurlsride

Does anyone have any insight as to which seat would work better in a tight 3 across configuration? What I am really wondering is which seat would be easier to buckle a booster next to. It looks like the Frontier tapers toward the back of the seat, thus allowing more room for hands between the seats? KWIM? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

ADS

glockchick

No clue about the ProBooster, but the Frontier sucks for 3 across. It may taper a bit, but now much. I couldn't get it next to even a Scenera in the two biggest seats in my truck and still have room to slide the 3rd seat forward freely. I guess it would have worked fine if I didn't have to slide that seat though so ymmv.

Laurette

I fit the Frontier in a three accross in a SUV with a Radian next to it. They puzzle a little when the Radian is RFing; not sure about FFing. ;)

glockchick

I can see how it would work with a rfing radian. The base is so narrow. It would be perfect. :thumbsup:

agurlsride

Unfortunately my back seat is super small. So any dreams I have of getting one of the 2 seats that I want will be squashed unless one of those seats will work. I have 2 FPSVB's to put on either side of the seat.

melniemi

I can fit a Frontier next to a rfing marathon in the middle row of my Chevy Venture - it is snug to buckle them, but it works. I have the 3 modular seats in my middle row.

tl01

My frontier is next to a FFing Radian. It would be pretty hard to buckle the frontier on a daily basis though if it were on booster mode.

agurlsride

I think I should have been more clear...the Frontier would be in harnessed mode and I'd have a booster on either side. Do you think this would be too difficult? Would a ProSport be any easier? I am working with about 48" of hip room...

christineka

I'm not an expert, but from studying the pictures it appears that the prosport is 17 inches in the back and then gets bigger in the front part. I would think then that the prosport would play better at 3 across than the frontier.

JerseyGirl'sMama

The ProSport is a bit angled toward the back too, so it might work. I have no idea about the Frontier. Here is the best image I have to show the angle:

ProSport003.jpg

agurlsride

I'm not an expert, but from studying the pictures it appears that the prosport is 17 inches in the back and then gets bigger in the front part. I would think then that the prosport would play better at 3 across than the frontier.

Oh it does? That would be awesome if it worked because thats the seat I was leaning towards.

melniemi

48" is pretty tiny. I'd be surprised if you could fit either in a 3 across. More likely a radian or a marathon, which would puzzle because of the base.

I think my third row is 49" and I struggle fitting 3 across. I can fit 2 pws with a ma, radian, or kf in the center. There is no way a Frontier would fit in between them.

christineka

I have 46 inches and can fit a radian with boosters outboard. I can also fit 3 (specific) boosters across. One of them is the vivo which may be similarly sized to the prosport. It's probably a bit thinner.

agurlsride

48" is pretty tiny. I'd be surprised if you could fit either in a 3 across. More likely a radian or a marathon, which would puzzle because of the base.

I think my third row is 49" and I struggle fitting 3 across. I can fit 2 pws with a ma, radian, or kf in the center. There is no way a Frontier would fit in between them.

crap....I know you're probably right. I was praying it would work. Right now have a Recaro Start, MA, and BG squeeeeezed back there. Its hard to describe what I had to do with the Start to get it in there with the MA...I wish I could post a pic but I lost the charger to my camera. I could send a pic to someone's cell but thats about it. I tried with all my might but I couldn't get the PW next to the MA. I have those 2 FPSVB's available but I still don't know if they'd fit next to a big seat, they are fine with the MA but I was stubborn and wanted boosters with SIP back there.

agurlsride

I have 46 inches and can fit a radian with boosters outboard. I can also fit 3 (specific) boosters across. One of them is the vivo which may be similarly sized to the prosport. It's probably a bit thinner.

What boosters are you able to fit next to the Vivo? Do you have pics?

christineka

What boosters are you able to fit next to the Vivo? Do you have pics?

I don't know if I have pics or not. I'll have to check.

My 3 acrosses:

Vivo, literider, bodyguard
vivo radian bodyguard (hard to buckle when the seat is not on thinnest setting and radian ffing)
vivo bodyguard(taped the buckle stalk to the side of the booster) radian (rfing)
vivo radian literider

Here's one picture
eradiancvivo.jpg

Here you can see the middle seat (literider) and parts of the bodyguard and vivo on the sides
eboost2.jpg

vivo radian bodyguard
thirdrow.jpg

agurlsride

Thank you! So...you're third row offers 46"? Is that just the width of the seat or is it from wall to wall? My seat is just at 46"-47" but if I measure from wall to wall I can usually get about 48"-49". The other problem I face is that the car's frame and shoulder belts are mounted pretty low so the boosters' headrests so it totally interferes with a good fit.

melniemi

This is the only 3 across that I have a pic of:
P1010953.jpg

Found one more - have to buckle boosters before putting kf on base-same with either tbs or pws:
100_4751.jpg

agurlsride

I sure wish I had a bigger van...I think my problem is more with the low seatbelt mounts and inward curving frame

christineka

Thank you! So...you're third row offers 46"? Is that just the width of the seat or is it from wall to wall? My seat is just at 46"-47" but if I measure from wall to wall I can usually get about 48"-49". The other problem I face is that the car's frame and shoulder belts are mounted pretty low so the boosters' headrests so it totally interferes with a good fit.

It might be a tad more. Not sure. The seats don't hang off the sides at all, though. I do have a 40/60 split so that the seat where the vivo is located is quite a bit wider than the other two. As you can see in the third picture, the shoulderbelts don't work so great with the outboard boosters. The shoulderbelts are always coming out, so I have to often remind the kids to put them back into the guides.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC