Ok where do i find the height limit on seats?

kayleesmom

Ok so I am trying to find out what seat to get my youngest. i have been on here for past few days. the rundown I am putting my 6 yr old in regent which has 2.5 - 3yrs left on it. she is 48 inches and 52 lbs. and then gonna put my 3 yr old 36 inches 30 lber in my sons marathon which expires in feb. and then in feb figure out what to do. she will be 3 yrs 9 months then. so i would probably do a nauti then for her. and if uncomfy sleeping in the nauti then put my 6 yr old in nauti and 3 yr old in regent. until it expires and then get her a HBB or Backless depending on her weight and Height when she outgrows it. And then lastly i need to figure out what seat to get my 18 month old who is about 23-24 lbs. I would ideally like it to go 65 but probably not realistic. I am trying to figure out how quickly he would outgrow height on a my ride. I would assume before 5.5 years. so should I go with a maestro that goes to 50 lbs for him and only 70.00 and then after he hits 50 lbs get him a HBB harnessed till 65 or more. this would be probably 4 yrs from now if he even hits 50 lbs by 5.5 yrs. for him to outgrow lets say a maestro. but got to figure out height limit on maestro. vs. a my ride. becuase there is like 75.00 difference in price. and 15 lb difference. and then after the maestro 4 yrs from now get him a hbb harness that converts to hhb uharnessed and backless till 100.

What would u do. anyone have the height limits on the maestro vs my ride. and opinion.

ADS

Pixels

6yo, 48", 52 lbs - Regent
3yo, 36", 30 lbs - Marathon for now, probably Nautilus later
18mo, 23-24 lbs - ?

What seat is your 18 month old in now? Your 18 month old ideally would be rear facing for quite a while longer. The Maestro is forward facing only, so not the best seat for the baby.

When does the Regent expire?

Is your 6yo ready for a booster? She has the size, does she have the maturity?

If your 6yo is ready for a booster, I'd get her a booster, pass the Regent to the 3yo, and pass the Marathon RFing to the baby until February. Get the baby a convertible (MyRide, Evenflo Triumph 65, both good choices). When the Regent expires, get a Nautilus or Maestro for the 3yo. Either of those seats should get your 3yo to an appropriate boostering age and size. At that time, the baby may be outgrowing the convertible, and you can pass the Nautilus or Maestro down.

If your 6yo isn't ready for a booster now, pretty much the same plan as above, but get the new convertible now instead of February.

kayleesmom

6yo, 48", 52 lbs - Regent
3yo, 36", 30 lbs - Marathon for now, probably Nautilus later
18mo, 23-24 lbs - ?

What seat is your 18 month old in now? Your 18 month old ideally would be rear facing for quite a while longer. The Maestro is forward facing only, so not the best seat for the baby.

When does the Regent expire?

Is your 6yo ready for a booster? She has the size, does she have the maturity?

If your 6yo is ready for a booster, I'd get her a booster, pass the Regent to the 3yo, and pass the Marathon RFing to the baby until February. Get the baby a convertible (MyRide, Evenflo Triumph 65, both good choices). When the Regent expires, get a Nautilus or Maestro for the 3yo. Either of those seats should get your 3yo to an appropriate boostering age and size. At that time, the baby may be outgrowing the convertible, and you can pass the Nautilus or Maestro down.

If your 6yo isn't ready for a booster now, pretty much the same plan as above, but get the new convertible now instead of February.

Regent expires in 2.5- 3 yrs from now. I thought Regent harnessed till 80 lbs? what is the height limit for regent? 6 yr old neeeds to be harnessed still she doenst sit properly puts seatbelt behind her. 3 yr old i was thinking doing regent for 6 yr old now if it is possible. and then get a new seat i guess for 3 yr old till feb.and then give the new seat to son who would then be 2. and then put 3 yr old probably in regent which has 2.5 yrs on it. and maybe get a naut for 6 yr old? what is height on the hbb for that. and is the triumphs that are on clearance now meaning i guess last years. go to 65 lbs. cause i seen one on clearance today. but didnt know how good the triumph is compared to maestro.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
http://sites.google.com/site/carseatmeasurements/

That has shell heights and slot heights for seats. That'll give you an idea.

I agree with Pixels, though. The Maestro would be appropriate for your three year old, but not your 18 month old. The baby should rear face to 3-4 years old, ideally.

Weights aren't everything. The Maestro goes to 50 pounds, but has 18" top slots. The Marathon has a 65 pound harness limit, but is often outgrown before that because of the 16.5" top slots. There will be kids who need a higher weight on the 18" of the Maestro, but a lot of kids can get to that torso height before the weight.

Wendy

Pixels

The Regent has 20" top slots, and will be outgrown when those top slots are reached.

The Nautilus's top slots are lower, around 18.5 inches. The Nautilus coverts to a high back booster (20 inch top height) and then a backless.

The Maestro is about 18 inch top harness slots, 19 inch top booster height.

The clearanced Evenflo Triumphs are the Triumph Advance. 35 pounds rear facing, 50 pounds forward facing. The new ones are the Triumph 65, 40 pounds rear facing, 65 pounds forward facing. Same shell, same top harness position.

Since your eldest is not ready for a booster, leave her in the Regent. It's a bigger seat than the others on your list. Get a Nautilus or Maestro for your 3yo. For the baby, a MyRide, Triumph Advance, or Triumph 65. The MyRide and EFTA/EFT65 have top slots around 17 inches.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
ok but how to i measure torso height? I know for sure 6 yr old is way to big in a marathon. height wise.

Sit them against the wall sitting crosslegged. Measure from the floor to their shoulder. That'll give you their torso height, which isn't exact to what you find in the car, but it gives you a decent idea.

Or you can say, "My six year old is on the second to top slot on the Regent, my three year old has an inch before the second to top slot on the Marathon." That'll give us ideas as well.

Wendy

kayleesmom

so is maestro just hbb not harnessed as HBB? and doesnt go to booster? and do they have just as much head slump in maestro as a nauti

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
so is maestro just hbb not harnessed as HBB? and doesnt go to booster? and do they have just as much head slump in maestro as a nauti

The Maestro is a combination seat. It goes from harnessed to booster. However, the booster isn't much higher than the harness, so it gives you about enough time to shop for a new booster once the harness is outgrown.

Piper's never slumped in her Nautilus. The Maestro doesn't seem to have any reports of anyone having head slump.

what about the triumph65? vs the my ride? looks like maestro isnt worth it right now.

The EFTA65 is taller with higher top slots than the MR.

Wendy

amy&girls

My almost 3 1/2 yr old has been in her Nautilus since March (ish) and she still falls asleep quite a bit in it. I've never noticed a head slump issue with it. Its also fully reclined (which I didn't even realize till yesterday when I was playing with it, I guess I installed it that way to begin with and forgot! LOL)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC