A few questions, just because I don't

dragonfly8

have alot of seats to play with!

Noticing that the AO is on sale at Zellers for $99 (which I plan to pick up a few rainchecks for), I"m considering picking one up for when Connor and I have to fly for medical appts. Is this a decent seat to take on a plane? Can I even take an AO on the plane?

With a 17.7" THH (without going to look at the specs, I'm guessing that's what it is, I know it won't last ds for a super long time, but at his current bum to shoulder height of approx 14", it will last awhile. Plus, I can put the AO in Gramma and Poppa's vehicle as the AO he's in right now in their car is very close to expiring.......and at $99 it seems a good option.

Or, do you think I"m better to get the new Tribute 65? Hmmm, maybe I should check out the specs on that seat before asking that question.
Nevermind, the website says the tribute 65 only FF to 40lbs. Why would they call it 65 when it only goes to 40?
I don't want to spend a ton, but also would like a lighter seat than my heavy Radian to travel with. I do love the radian though......

But, I'll be traveling alone with a 4 year old, so the easier it is to manage, the easier it is for me!

I had thought about CARES for the plane, but then we still will need a car seat when we get to Toronto. We'd likely be flying on a regular plane (not medivac'd there or anything) and would have to get from the airport to Sick Kids hopsital..........

So simple is good!

Last edited:
ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Actually, driving from the airport in Toronto is really easy since it's all freeway. It's one highway interchange and then one turn. I'm from Vancouver, and I've found getting around in Toronto easy compared to most cities I've traveled in. The only city I wouldn't drive in, mind you, is London (UK, not Ontario..)

-Nicole.

selinajean

I don't enjoy cities at all. I have driven in Toronto once and will never do it again.

Would the scenera be big enough for him? That is pretty small and lightweight. Or is he too big for that?

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I've found getting around in Toronto easy compared to most cities I've traveled in.

I'll second that (sorta :eek:) *I* can't drive here, but it's the in-city congestion (pedestrians, cyclists, streetcars) and parking that get me, not the freeways. Where will you be staying? Close to SickKids? SickKids *is* pretty straightforward to get to from the airport. If you're staying at RMH, it's not exactly next door (but it is walking distance.)

I've got no advice on the carseat situation. We traveled lots with our Radian. :shrug-shoulders:

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The steering wheels are on the left side, the gear shift doesn't involve changing gears with my left hand, the streets have signs, the signs are in English, and people generally obey the rules of driving... Toronto's pretty darn easy to drive in :) Just BUSY.

The hardest place I've driven is a toss-up between Port of Spain, Trinidad, and Herradura, Costa Rica.

-Nicole.

dragonfly8

I don't enjoy cities at all. I have driven in Toronto once and will never do it again.

Would the scenera be big enough for him? That is pretty small and lightweight. Or is he too big for that?

Well, he is 36ish pounds so with the scenera being only to 40lbs...........

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC