Does anybody know what car seat this is?

arly1983

Does everybody remember the little girl I keep that was riding in a booster?SHe is 15 months old 26 lbs. Well, she is not riding in a booster anymore. After talking to her mother, her grandmother (who is a friend of my Dhs grandparents) bought her this seat at a yard sale:eek: No offence but these are WELL OFF people. I mean Money with a capital M. I guess it isn't as bad as it could be. The seat was manufactured in 8-22-02. So its not expired yet, still got another year. It can RF, FF till 40 lbs, and be a booster ( I couldn't find the sticker with the weight on that ) I know it is a cosco eddie bauer something. When I first got a hold of it, the straps are nasty and were very twisted. I had to rethread them. It has a front adjuster and you do not have to rethread the straps to adjst the height of the harness. The top slots measure 17 inches (not bad) Anyone know what it is?

I guess I should be glad she is in a harnessed seat at all. But, man, with all that money, why not get a new seat. Also, who knows what the histoy is. Oh, yeah, the last picture is after I had put the cover on right and rethreaded the straps.

Picture121.jpg

Picture122.jpg

Picture123.jpg

ADS

arly1983

Oh, my, thats horrible, maybe they don't know it comes apart, Im not telling them. I am going to see if the grandmother will let me put it in when she picks her up.

Splash

The top slots canNOT be used for the harness. The top slots are for the booster ONLY.
That is one of the first model years of it. Horrid seat it was.
As much as I'd hate them to use it as a booster, I'd hate even more for them to use it with that top harness slot.

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
The top slot can not be used for the harness, the headrest raises into that position for booster mode only... so I suspect the 17 inch measurement is with the headrest all the way up. If you look on the back of the seat, there is printing in the plastic near the top harness slot saying it is for booster mode only. The newer models have the harness in a way that it can not be raised up to the top most slot with the harness still in it.
HTH, Jen

arly1983

Well, who wants to tell them that top harness slot cant be used? OHHHH. Why can't they be like normal people and go to walmart and get a cosco highback boooster/ scenera (like I said). I see the warning about the top slots now, not obvious at all. Good thing is she is still two slots away from those. So that makes the top slots at 15". She is so tiny and I feel like she should still be RFing. These people have bricks for heads. (As in, nothing gets through)

LuvBug

just ditto to Splash and Jen. The top most bar position(aka slot position) can NOT be used as a harness position.
Maybe you can talk them in to a $40 scenera?

cpsaddict

This is sad that I know this, but that is the Morgan pattern from Babies R Us. They made EVERYTHING in that pattern! We had this one and another green one that everyone LOVED! :confused:

canadianmom2three

It always amazes me when I see someone who is driving a car that obviously cost some serious $$ and in the back is some piece of junk car seat...I was parked next to a BMW yesterday, and in the back was a cosco sheild booster, with the sheild still on:eek: do people seriously still not know that those are 1 - unsafe, and 2 - expired?

mominabigtruck

I know that kills me too, I think if you had just waited one more month before you bought the car you could have used that payment and bought your kid a decent carseat. When I take my kids in my dh's truck their carseats are worth more then the truck itself so I still lock up even though its a piece of junk.

tjham

I already tried that, this was their "solution"

I've heard that some people have been able to get a free replacement strap (it's one long loop) from Cosco if you complain to the right person. It didn't work for me, I had to pay but it was only about $10, I think.

Stresch

I saw a fairly new Audi SUV in the parking lot at Meijer and they had a T sheild seat in the back.

I don't understand wanting to spend all this money on a comfy car for yourself and sticking your kid in an unsafe piece of crap.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC