Pics- Safety 1st Boost Air Protect Booster Car Seat

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yes, I opened a box. :rolleyes:

Here is how it adjusts. Pull up on lower side of donut and pull up on the headrest.

100_1212.jpg

The headrest with clothes.

100_1213.jpg

and without.

100_1214.jpg

Yes, there is foam, on the back part of the head rest only.

100_1215.jpg

Small....

100_1216.jpg

and tall!

100_1218.jpg

Note, each square on the floor is 12", so be looking at those for an estimate of height, width, etc. I had someone watching me, so I had to quickly take pics.

100_1220.jpg

Bottom.

100_1217.jpg

The booster headrest is just as flimsy as the old one. Very disappointing.

ADS

NannyMom

:eek: You can take the cover off the headrest?!

:eek: They really put a BABY on the tags for a booster seat?!

Does it require support like other Dorel boosters?

doriansmummy

Is it me or is it really oddly shaped? Kinda looks like a elephant head with a tiny body.:p Thanks though Judi for the photos!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
:eek: ?!

:eek: They really put a BABY on the tags for a booster seat?!

?

That is just the "air protect" baby they have on ALL the air protect seats - that sign wasn't about the booster, it was about the air protect technology....

Thanks Judi!! I wanted to get back today, and just didn't get to it.

NannyMom

That is just the "air protect" baby they have on ALL the air protect seats - that sign wasn't about the booster, it was about the air protect technology....

Thanks Judi!! I wanted to get back today, and just didn't get to it.
I know. But I still think it's a bad idea.

No, you can't. I just didn't know that at the time. Shhhh.
Well, KQ said she had to cut the cover off her CA headrest to see the inside. You didn't use scissors, did you :p

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
You didn't use scissors, did you :p

Well you DID tell me too. Is that why I was being watched?

No, no. The cover hooks on, like normal, came off easy, and thm I noticed the sticky spot. Then I started thinking of KQ and that fact that I probably should not have done that.

mish

That might be the ugliest car seat I have ever seen. That thing isn't getting anywhere close to my car.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
That might be the ugliest car seat I have ever seen. That thing isn't getting anywhere close to my car.

You know, I admit, it's looks funky. But I think the ginormously ridiculous headwings probably provide a substantial safety benefit...so we might be considering it.

I saw it at one of Kmarts & it looks atrocious & it leans pretty forward (I know it could just be the display, but it looks like a head slump creating monster imho).

nevaehsmommy

I know this is an old thread. However I am wondering if anyone has any pics of this seat being used in a car and how the booster fit is on a younger passenger. Say in the early 5 year range. Our walmart has it and I am thinking of buying it for Nevaeh once she turns 5.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I just ordered 2 of them (there was a deal if you got 2 Dorel products from KMart) so we'll see how they go next week when I get them. My PWSG leans horribly in my 3rd row and we need something else.

momtotwogirls

My neice has one and I put my 2 yr old in it and it actually fit VERY well, although the pictures jsut came out a blurry mess since she DID not want to be in it at all. I think it was a better fit on my 2 yr old than the fn85 is on my 4 yr old .

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC